A cashless society

Firstly, the phone reception around here is dog shit. So any sort of beer festival, car boot sale or event in the rural area and it's a right fanny on trying to use a card reader to pay. Takes ages to connect and often fails. So much easier with cash.
Secondly, all of the Mickey mouse transactions flood my bank statements. It makes it far harder to read them and pick out the important items, and most importantly it will become easier for fraudsters to steal smaller amounts by brushing past with car machines to take money from your card.and not get detected providing they do lots of smaller fraudulent transactions rather than getting greedy with the big ones that will stand out.
Yep, Millennials turning up at country cafés with no cash & going away hungry as the internet either doesn't work or has crashed, or a 10 mile drive to nearest cashpoint.

It's inevitable that hacking or incompetence will take out the internet banking system either locally or countrywide for a period of time (a few years ago a bank had a money blackout for several days). I won't starve, but some will be begging friends/relatives for a sub.

I'd rather be targeted with adverts which might be relevant to me than for things which I would never buy. That's a waste of my time and the advertiser's money.
The vulnerable (learning difficulties, conformist teenagers [most] or just plain stoopid) are easily led by marketing, I gave the example of shite like Prime which is currently only plugged by viral marketing, imagine it targeted at those that have already succumbed.

how far away are we from a place where cash isn’t used?

I always like to have some cash on me, but rarely if ever use it (buying the odd paper from the local shop). Everything else is just tapped these days, quicker and you don’t have to fanny on with change

Apparently Sweden is nearly there

Do you want cash to remain?
Vote Tory and the cashless society for some will be all the more apparent

to be fair they are all lovely lads doing their best

tee hee

Back