70mph on the A19

You’d be surprised How many people don’t know the 60 in a van crack. I didn’t know till I got done speeding. Everyone i asked hadn’t heard that before either. Fukin hell its not as if ya driving a lorry they’re not much bigger than some cars it didn’t even cross my mind that the speed limit would be different am sure others are the same. I guess everyone can’t be perfect with the Highway Code like most of the smb.

Ignorance is no defence in the eyes of the law unfortunately.

Knobs, aye we’re making a joke but you were 10mph over the speed limit.

60mph on all motorways and dual carriageways.

Not sure what your point is. :lol::lol::lol:
70mph on motorways

I was going to mention that, put Tarquin in the child seat, phone clapped to ear, drive brat to school never coming off the phone for the entire journey.
I've noticed this a lot with expensive Range Rovers and the like, they pay £50k for a car that doesnt have bluetooth (or they dont have a f***ing clue how to connect more likely)

Last edited:
A VW T6 can do 70 if it's a campervan but only 60 if it's a normal van, a bit crazy
It’s all about classification which works but can be a bit misleading.

Like you say, a tourer (7 seater) or camper is M1 normally whereas a panel can or crew van are N1.

A camper will likely carry a higher payload, due to the equipment fitted, on a more regular basis than a N1 vehicle.

Wrong, anything that is a goods vehicle, apart from car-derived vans, 60 on a motorway or dual carriageway.

Check the link up above.
on your link it says this

Goods vehicles (not more than 7.5 tonnes maximum laden weight) 30 (48) 50 (80) 60 (96) 70 (112)
60 (96) if articulated or towing a trailer

so its 70 unless articulated or towing a trailer

they've been down that stretch a lot over the last few months.
A59 is littered with the buggers :(

Common sense for anyone that drives for a living, know the speed limits and keep to them, not the first speeding fine for the OP, so no sympathy should be given.
I'm not sure he's even asking for sympathy? Just warning other van drivers that, although they have always got away with 70mph, now they can't.

Last edited:
So you're a serial offender?
Considering I’ve been driving for 30 years and I’ve been done twice (once for going 34mph on Keir Hardie Way) I would hardly say ‘serial offender’ ;)

A59 is littered with the buggers :(

I'm not sure he's even asking for sympathy? Just warning other van drivers that, although they have always got away with 70mph, now they can't.
This mate ^^^, some right whoppers on here ;)

Last edited:

Back