70mph on the A19

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think.......my point is, is this a new tactic because in all the years I’ve been driving (and I’ve been done a couple of times for speeding) I’ve never known a case like this from a mobile speed camera

You’ve never known a mobile speed camera take an image of someone breaking the speed limit?

Despite the fact you’ve already been done for speeding repeatedly?

I never knew the limit for vans was 60 either and iv been driving 21 years.
Have you ever drove a van tho ? Any company that gives a fuck about it's drivers tells you the law, I didn't know until I started my van driving job at 34 and I was told then, after that it was up to me whether or not I obeyed the laws of the road, I chose to and I never received a ticket.

@Hongkongphooey this May interest you from that article.

Legal expert Giles Schnuck of the law practice Schnuck and Chookem told our Chief Reporter that police are not currently investigating ways to close this loophole.

He said: ‘There is a similar quirk of the law when it comes to legislation involving murder in the United Kingdom.’

‘There have been a number of cases in the last twenty years or so where members of the public have managed to wriggle out of life sentences by not bludgeoning anyone to death with a whacking great brick.’

Theres about 3 courier drivers from my place all lost their liscences within a month, all got 2 or 3 fines each doing 70 on the a19 the same spot as you where it’s parked all the time. They didnt have a clue that they was doing anything wrong.
Must be a canny little earner for them in that spot. Shame they can’t park somewhere what would actually be a ‘road safety’ area like outside of schools, but I guess that’s not where they make the money.

How can they not have a clue that they did anything wrong? Shirley they have to know the law of the roads to be able to drive? if they are breaking the speed limit they must not of known the rules and therefore should not of been driving, I will add I have to do a speed awareness course on news years eve as I got caught speeding in my car, was overtaking someone going to slow for my liking on the felling by pass as I was sick of being stuck behind them, boom the camera got me, I know the law and I take the hit!!!

Spot on. When I was a delivery driver I never went above 60 in my van. It's common sense really.
Common sense for anyone that drives for a living, know the speed limits and keep to them, not the first speeding fine for the OP, so no sympathy should be given.

Last edited:
How can they not have a clue that they did anything wrong? Shirley they have to know the law of the roads to be able to drive? if they are breaking the speed limit they must not of known the rules and therefore should not of been driving, I will add I have to do a speed awareness course on news years eve as I got caught speeding in my car, was overtaking someone going to slow for my liking on the felling by pass as I was sick of being stuck behind them, boom the camera got me, I know the law and I take the hit!!!

You’d be surprised How many people don’t know the 60 in a van crack. I didn’t know till I got done speeding. Everyone i asked hadn’t heard that before either. Fukin hell its not as if ya driving a lorry they’re not much bigger than some cars it didn’t even cross my mind that the speed limit would be different am sure others are the same. I guess everyone can’t be perfect with the Highway Code like most of the smb.

You’d be surprised How many people don’t know the 60 in a van crack. I didn’t know till I got done speeding. Everyone i asked hadn’t heard that before either. Fukin hell its not as if ya driving a lorry they’re not much bigger than some cars it didn’t even cross my mind that the speed limit would be different am sure others are the same. I guess everyone can’t be perfect with the Highway Code like most of the smb.

I suppose not everyone does know the highway code, but I would think the employers would know it and pass on that info to the workers?

I suppose not everyone does know the highway code, but I would think the employers would know it and pass on that info to the workers?
Only responsible person is the operator of the equipment. The driver is the operator. Up to them to know relevant law.

@Hongkongphooey this May interest you from that article.

Legal expert Giles Schnuck of the law practice Schnuck and Chookem told our Chief Reporter that police are not currently investigating ways to close this loophole.

He said: ‘There is a similar quirk of the law when it comes to legislation involving murder in the United Kingdom.’

‘There have been a number of cases in the last twenty years or so where members of the public have managed to wriggle out of life sentences by not bludgeoning anyone to death with a whacking great brick.’
:lol: If only I’d have hired a lawyer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back