70mph on the A19

As usual everyone's a saint on here. I feel your pain mate should be allowed a bit of leeway on good bits of dual carriageway like the bit you were on. Never see a camera van in a town when the kids are going to and from school etc where they actually might do something to make the roads safer.

You know where I’m coming from

What a snowflake "I broke the law. I got caught. They're all bastards wha wha wha".....

Put it on FB Twitter Instagram etc start a petition shout at a shop or you could just grow up
Lol wow, you ok hun?

I see it loads.

Is it a panel van, crew van, tourer?

Bog standard Boxer

Not sure if it would work but you could try the following

Driving no faster than the speed limit
Bet you’re great at party’s haha

60 feels too slow for the a19. Constantly stuck behind lorry’s restricted to 53 then ya go in the fast lane and got people up ya arse for going to slow trying not to go above 60. Ridiculous who ever thought that it’s a good idea to make vans a 60 limit.

This will be a mobile camera.

I’ve been caught three times in the last two years.

But at no point have I whinged on here about it and said how unfair it is.

Ok....I’ve been caught as well, but never because of the class of vehicle I’m driving. If that’s the same as your point then great, if not, fuck off because it has nothing to do with this ;)

Jibes aside, I'd be annoyed as well. If nowt else it's a wake up call and you've probably done a few a favour by being an early victim and posting about it on here :lol:

Exactly mate, some belters on here though as me and you know

I think.......my point is, is this a new tactic because in all the years I’ve been driving (and I’ve been done a couple of times for speeding) I’ve never known a case like this from a mobile speed camera

I think.......my point is, is this a new tactic because in all the years I’ve been driving (and I’ve been done a couple of times for speeding) I’ve never known a case like this from a mobile speed camera

Theres about 3 courier drivers from my place all lost their liscences within a month, all got 2 or 3 fines each doing 70 on the a19 the same spot as you where it’s parked all the time. They didnt have a clue that they was doing anything wrong.
Must be a canny little earner for them in that spot. Shame they can’t park somewhere what would actually be a ‘road safety’ area like outside of schools, but I guess that’s not where they make the money.

Theres about 3 courier drivers from my place all lost their liscences within a month, all got 2 or 3 fines each doing 70 on the a19 the same spot as you where it’s parked all the time. They didnt have a clue that they was doing anything wrong.
Must be a canny little earner for them in that spot. Shame they can’t park somewhere what would actually be a ‘road safety’ area like outside of schools, but I guess that’s not where they make the money.

One of the few sensible posts mate, totally agree

Although we’ve drove past that spot at 70mph at least for the last 8 years working down south without any issue

Got a ticket for travelling at 70mph on the A19 (A168) around the Thirsk area in a Peugeot Boxer van because it’s a goods vehicle.

What’s all that about? (Ps I know the 60mph craic etc etc but haway man, f***ing pathetic!

They targeting white van man now?

Going too slow I would imagine. As you come around that right hand bend you have to use the old slingshot effect to get up to 80 before you then complete the next 40 miles of unpoliced/unlit carriageway at a steady 90.

If cars didn't exist we would travel by Horse until we invented some cheap form of transport.

A similar happened to me when they police found a body that I’d buried under the patio. I tried to explain to them that I had applied for planning permission, but they still gave me 12 years, I blame the EU.

You'd think they'd be a bit more aware and respectful of the laws of the road if their livelihoods depended on it.

Back