[4th Test] South Africa v England

Archer out?

From cricinfo

12.32pm George Dobell thinks Jofra Archer might be out . "Looks dejected," he says. "Sitting with doc, I think he's sobbing...!"

Woakes has been marking out his run up :eek:

Last edited:
12.50pm George is confident that Woakes is in for Bess...

Probable XI 1 Dom Sibley 2 Zak Crawley 3 Joe Denly 4 Joe Root (capt) 5 Ben Stokes 6 Ollie Pope 7 Jos Buttler (wk) 8 Chris Woakes 9 Sam Curran 10 Mark Wood 11 Stuart Broad

Not sure about going with no spinner especially the way Bess has controlled an end really well past two games. Can only assume they want to ensure they have enough cover in the pace bowling in case Wood breaks down. Gutted for Archer.

Eng win toss and bat. Team as previously listed
Harsh on Bess
There is if Wood can't make it through the 5 days.
I think that has definitely swayed the thinking. I'm guessing Archer was coming in for Bess or Wood
Saffers going with a very short batting line up given their recent issues

Last edited:
Not enjoying the noises coming out about Archer and him apparently not being overly keen on the 5 day stuff at expense of his ability to make excellent franchise money.

It’s understandable but was hoping to see him become a real mainstay of our test side.

Not enjoying the noises coming out about Archer and him apparently not being overly keen on the 5 day stuff at expense of his ability to make excellent franchise money.

It’s understandable but was hoping to see him become a real mainstay of our test side.
Do you not think this is just Pietersen stirring shit? I've heard nothing from any reliable sources that Archer is a "problem" or "difficult to manage". His reaction to his injury this morning shows what playing test cricket for England means to him. Pietersen is a South African, trying to stir some shit that might help his home nation win a test.

Back