4/5 with bookies for promotion???

I don't think Scunthorpe or Charlton will be near the play-offs either, to be honest. Bradford and Oxford are poor, but you can only beat what's in front of you.

Don't think so, although injured players can be a wildcard. If McGeady comes back with an attitude, will it unsettle things? Will Wyke come straight back in for Maja, who has scored plenty of goals, and what will it do for the morale of the player who misses out? Sometimes it's simpler when you have less players and don't have to worry about keeping everyone happy.
Id rather have the option of having decent players ready to come in when needed, and they're professional enough to not have an attitude.

I don't think Scunthorpe or Charlton will be near the play-offs either, to be honest. Bradford and Oxford are poor, but you can only beat what's in front of you.

Don't think so, although injured players can be a wildcard. If McGeady comes back with an attitude, will it unsettle things? Will Wyke come straight back in for Maja, who has scored plenty of goals, and what will it do for the morale of the player who misses out? Sometimes it's simpler when you have less players and don't have to worry about keeping everyone happy.

And the opposite to that is they come back into the team and make us even better

Wyke
McGeouch
Watmore
McGeady

I don't think it's the points total driving the betting, it's the standard of play already with half a dozen of our best players to come back and plenty of cash to strengthen over Xmas if needed.

That first half on Sunday was better than a lot of our time in the Prem. It's unlikely any League 1 team can live with that if we can sustain it, and the exciting thing is we are likely to get better...

Realistically, at this point odds on for promotion is a ridiculous price and based more on the money bet on you than an objective appraisal of your chances. To say that you're twice as likely to get promoted as Barnsley, for example, who have had a similar start is odd.
Top 6 is expected Top 2 is going to be tough

Safc were 10/11 for promotion before a ball had been kicked this season

Let's see how we do against Wimbledon first before we use that as a gauge to judge Barnsley - Wimbledon haven't conceded a goal in the league yet this season....

@chave how did they look in your cup game? Were you resting players?

I'll tell you now we have more than 1 shot on target & we away from home.

When Barnsley & other teams start getting injuries you'll see how shit they are.

On our showings so far and with the quality we have to come back, not being arrogant but if we don’t win the league then it’s a disgrace. It should be the minimum achievement this year.
And if we don’t win the league this team will have the mantle of the worst placed team ever in our history ;)

No it shouldn't.

Right now if you offered finishing 2nd 99% of fans would snap your hands off.

Same with gaining promotion via the playoffs.

Promotion is the minimum, no matter how its achieved

I don't think it's the points total driving the betting, it's the standard of play already with half a dozen of our best players to come back and plenty of cash to strengthen over Xmas if needed.

That first half on Sunday was better than a lot of our time in the Prem. It's unlikely any League 1 team can live with that if we can sustain it, and the exciting thing is we are likely to get better...

ridiculous but, sadly, true.

I personally believe we'll be joining Barnsley in running away with the league in 1st and 2nd. I think that'll become obvious in the next month or so. It must be bizarre for regular league 1 teams to be spending the season thinking 3rd is as good as it'll be. Surely it's pretty rare for 2 clubs to be head and shoulders in stature above their competitors at this level? Always seen league 1 as a bit of a lottery that can be won with momentum. Desperately trying to avoid arrogance like.

I think the fact that they’re more Sunderland fans putting on bets than any other L1 club fans will make our odds much lower than an objective assessment would give us. I’m assuming this throughout the season whatever happens.

Back