4/5 with bookies for promotion???

I'm on at 3/1 for us to win the league, as short as 15/8 now.
I got 9/2

Agree, too many variables at this point to make it an odds on shot.

It's still an unproven side at this point. Yesterday was five new signings and six players from the side that finished bottom last season and even half those players couldn't get a regular game.

One resounding win yesterday against a poor Scunthorpe side and a draw and a last minute winner in the two games before suggests we'll be competitive but not dominant in this league.
id agree, however momentum is a big thing.....get that and who knows!

Last edited:

Realistically, at this point odds on for promotion is a ridiculous price and based more on the money bet on you than an objective appraisal of your chances. To say that you're twice as likely to get promoted as Barnsley, for example, who have had a similar start is odd.
This. It will be to do with the amount of people who have bet on us rather than the actual odds of it happening. Bookies playing their game

I think the fact that they’re more Sunderland fans putting on bets than any other L1 club fans will make our odds much lower than an objective assessment would give us. I’m assuming this throughout the season whatever happens.
Are Peterborough fans not putting bets on them to win the league?

Back