[3rd Test] England v Pakistan (Rose Bowl)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we have concerns about Sibley, Burns and Pope vs spin and Woakes' bowling overseas they aren't going to improve by not playing. They are all in decent/good form so have to be given the opportunity to prove they can develop their games.
Yeah, I agree. And I'll apologise to the vast majority of the cricket forum for getting frustrated and involving myself in the insult throwing and thread ruining shit.

Let's try and get back to what is good about the cricket forum.

Besides which, now we have a few weeks of watching Jos do what he's best at - smacking a white ball to all parts of the British isles.
Buttler's not in the T20 squad so no go on that front.

I thought Wood might be transferred to the one day squad but I guess he's been away from his family for weeks so it's only fair to let him have a bit of a break albeit this summer has been a bit of a waste for him. Got to look after the man as much as the cricketer.

Last edited:

I don't think we can pick 3 as they aren't of a good enough standard
Surely we need to play 3 if not good enough.

We did that last time mixture of 3 out of Moeen Rashid Ansari Dawson and Batty. The first two were doing well till either mushy or saqlain(spin coach) I forget which left the tour.

Of course I forgot root so at points we had 4 spinners.

Last edited:
Surely we need to play 3 if not good enough.

We did that last time mixture of 3 out of Moeen Rashid Ansari Dawson and Batty. The first two were doing well till either mushy or saqlain(spin coach) I forget which left the tour.

Of course I forgot root so at points we had 4 spinners.
They won't get enough wickets

They won't get enough wickets
Well who do you wish topick in the question marks Pope only a question mark due to his shoulder.

I've picked Bess as he's the man in the team but again ? against him too.

Burns
Sibley
Crawley
Root
Stokes
?
Buttler
Bess although ?
?
?
?

Don't date Overton at all personally to be honest. Always has been a bizarre pick for me

Lovely piece on Jimmy Anderson the person here if anyone's interested.

Came for the moderation, stayed for the crack.

That's a very touching article.

Thanks for linking.

Lawrence, leach,broad wood
Fair enough if you have confidence in them and root as the third spinner.

Mind games against India rumoured to be in UAE so will be a completely different kettle of fish. Least broad done well there before.

Poor record in India and Sri Lanka

Last edited:
Lawrence can spin as well
Cant see them chucking him in him for a debut in India mind. Playing at chelmsford probably wont have faced much spin.

But then did well in Aus on flat wickets. But at the same time they did it to Cook and he'll have learned a fair bit from him.

Cant see them chucking him for a debut in India mind. Playing at chelmsford probably wont have faced much spin.

But then did well in Aus on flat wickets.
Very highly rated my team is ideal different types of pace and s few spin options while retaining a decent line up without the bowlers having to bat early

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back