[3rd Test] England v Pakistan (Rose Bowl)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fantastic. It’s amazing how much this pisses you off. Woakes’ knock was better as he is a bowler not a batter yet was the dominant player in the partnership. Likewise Crawley was dominant in their partnership. Just remember the fact is that Buttler will drop catches and cost us games

I am done with you, you seem to get a kick out of this.

If that is what it is about for you, been pleased pissing people off then crack on.

I want sensible crack and debate about cricket so guess no point going on.

Like I said every single person on this thread even his previous biggest critics have praised him.

Obviously that is impossible for you do soo despite his great series.

Well, What a summer that has been. So weird and great in equal measures. Sibley, Crawley and Buttler have all cemented their places (I think) and Jimmy has guaranteed his place as England's greatest ever bowler

However, the highlight of the summer has to be 8 balls of absolute filth bowled by Dom Sibley that had made me consider coming out of retirement after 4 seasons :lol: :lol:

I think we’re on reverse trolling now

We should have a Buttler amnesty after this test. And focus on civilised chat, it’s too good a board to do this (I’m guilty of it as much as most)
Yeah, I agree. And I'll apologise to the vast majority of the cricket forum for getting frustrated and involving myself in the insult throwing and thread ruining shit.

Let's try and get back to what is good about the cricket forum.

Besides which, now we have a few weeks of watching Jos do what he's best at - smacking a white ball to all parts of the British isles.

I actually think Pope looks a class player.

With everyone fit, a side right now looks like

Burns (form aside)
Sibley
Crawley
Root
Stokes
Pope
Buttler (deserves to continue)

and then 4 bowlers from Wood, Archer, Anderson, Broad, Woakes and a spinner

I don’t think Curran offers enough yet (if you’re putting your keeper at 7), and I haven’t a clue who the spinner is
I do too but his dismissals and poor return this summer concerns me. Early days & with experience I hope like everyone else he develops into a top class 4, but I like Crawley more at this stage, to be honest.

Don’t have a problem with that top 7 in general but Burns’ form is an issue for me. Just doesn’t convince me he will get big scores regularly or reliably enough. I’d stick with him but any potential subcontinent tour if they decide to bring Jennings back or go horses for courses is a conundrum, when they’re clearly planning for the Ashes - as they should be.

I think we have to keep disruption to a minimum and have a settled side going there to have any chance of winning.

I like Curran and while I can see his limitations, he generally keeps producing the goods and our record when he plays, especially at home, I don’t think can be ignored. Archer by contrast is the opposite and is a big disappointment so far for me.

Spinner - Bess looks like he needs more work, but I like his batting. If Moeen could get his mojo back he’d still be my first choice but it’s a big if. If we do tour Sri Lanka id be quite happy with Ali, Rashid and Leach or Bess, but the chances of that happening are probably slim.

"Joe Root says sorry when he cums"

I mean, jesus f***ing wept

That comes from a loser with a jeremy clarkson poster in his room who tapes mrs browns boys

is the level of person on here I have been talking to? f***ing hell man :lol:

urgh, just lowest of the low, honestly, I talk a lot of shit, but I am not this type of person, ffs man :lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

This is mental. Haha ffs

He kept his place becaue he played f***ing mint you absolute nutter

I have no idea why anyone replies to him, awful crack, awful abusive humour, awful opinions on cricket

Just an awful awful poster, good job I am leaving the forum

99% of the lads on the cricket forum are class and I would have a pint with them any day, but I am not spending my time to talking to people like that

in a bit.
You will be back

In fairness his main rival was inexplicably given one Test on a slow wicket, then made to carry drinks for five games.

Indeed. After averaging 13.58 in SA.

Not to mention the likes of Ollie Robinson, Ben Coad and Craig Overton, who will be wondering what they need to do to get a match.

Indeed. After averaging 13.58 in SA.

Not to mention the likes of Ollie Robinson, Ben Coad and Craig Overton, who will be wondering what they need to do to get a match.
Don't date Overton at all personally to be honest. Always has been a bizarre pick for me

Lovely piece on Jimmy Anderson the person here if anyone's interested.

Last edited:
I do too but his dismissals and poor return this summer concerns me. Early days & with experience I hope like everyone else he develops into a top class 4, but I like Crawley more at this stage, to be honest.

Pope looks ropey against spin. Definitely where the similarities with Bell stops.

Well, What a summer that has been. So weird and great in equal measures. Sibley, Crawley and Buttler have all cemented their places (I think) and Jimmy has guaranteed his place as England's greatest ever bowler

However, the highlight of the summer has to be 8 balls of absolute filth bowled by Dom Sibley that had made me consider coming out of retirement after 4 seasons :lol: :lol:
He looked alreet when he landed it ;)

Some of the revs he was putting on the ball were Warnesque. Solved the batsman/3rd spinner problem for the winter tours, for me like.

Pope looks ropey against spin. Definitely where the similarities with Bell stops.
Should be an area with improvement the more he plays it.

I was never Bell’s biggest fan tbh. Classy player but I never felt you could fully rely on him not to chuck it away. Hopefully Pope doesn’t go the same way.

It made me feel better about some of the stuff I’ve sent down this season..

It’s been a good summer all things considered imo. Could easily have won 5 out of 6 Tests and it looks like we’re starting to get options with strength in depth going forward.

Last edited:
Should be an area with improvement the more he plays it.

I was never Bell’s biggest fan tbh. Classy player but I never felt you could fully rely on him not to chuck it away. Hopefully Pope doesn’t go the same way.

It made me feel better about some of the stuff I’ve sent down this season..

It’s been a good summer all things considered imo. Could easily have won 5 out of 6 Tests and it looks like we’re starting to get options with strength in depth going forward.

Bell was a class player mate and if Pope turns out like him, would be more than happy

Last edited:
Land it on the cut strip first, then go from there. :lol:
Last game of cricket I played, I decided to bowl leg spin in the final over. It's a lot f***ing harder than it looks. I think my over resembled something that Sibley bowled, although I did get a decent amount of turn

Last game of cricket I played, I decided to bowl leg spin in the final over. It's a lot f***ing harder than it looks. I think my over resembled something that Sibley bowled, although I did get a decent amount of turn

They do say that, leg spin bowling is tricky I hear.

I once bowled a 'back of the hand' cutter that smashed the stumps..... at my end. I should have tried to style it out as a mankad.

I'd be very disappointed if we went back to Moeen. His form in the ODI games against Ireland was shocking, no improvement on what he had served up for the 12 month previous. It would send out the wrong message IMO, Bess has plenty work to do but has shown promise and Leach hasn't let anyone down when he's been picked, I'd be happy to persist with these two.

I'd be very disappointed if we went back to Moeen. His form in the ODI games against Ireland was shocking, no improvement on what he had served up for the 12 month previous. It would send out the wrong message IMO, Bess has plenty work to do but has shown promise and Leach hasn't let anyone down when he's been picked, I'd be happy to persist with these two.
Agreed. Modern is finished at test level imo. In no form whatsoever and even if he does find form next summer there’s no way you can take him to Australia as he will just crumble under the pressure.

He’s had a much better international career than I’m sure most of us imagined when he first started out, just a shame he’s gone downhill so rapidly.

Agreed. Modern is finished at test level imo. In no form whatsoever and even if he does find form next summer there’s no way you can take him to Australia as he will just crumble under the pressure.

He’s had a much better international career than I’m sure most of us imagined when he first started out, just a shame he’s gone downhill so rapidly.

Completely agree. He's had a good career, if a little inconsistent but he was a great batsman to watch in full flow. His record against Australia is poor though and he'll be 34 come next winter, add in that he looks totally shot at international level now and I think it's time to say thanks and goodbye.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back