[3rd Test] England v Pakistan (Rose Bowl)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brett

Striker
Changes to the playing time for 3rd test

Revised Playing Times Due to Bad Weather
  • After the conclusion of play on day one, the ICC Match Referee, Groundstaff and the ECB Match Manager will meet to discuss the start times for the next day.
  • If the forecast looks good in the morning, it will be an option to commence play at 10.30am and that final decision will be made by the ICC Match Referee, Chris Broad.
  • The Match Referee will confirm the revised playing times, with the most likely scenario of amending to:
    • 10.30am start with 98 overs to be bowled in the day
    • 6.00pm scheduled close of play
    • 6.30pm extra 30 mins to bowl overs
    • 7.00pm cut off for extra time for bad weather during the day
  • The morning session would last two and a half hours if the start time was adjusted.
The match officials will ensure that light is monitored to maximise playing time while it is still safe to do so. The safety of the players is still the number one priority for this protocol

No need to rest anyone given the lack of play in the 2nd test but I think they'll want at least one of Wood or Archer in given the zip and carry from the last match. Then we'll play on wicket like the first test v WI.

Saw it mentioned yesterday that given the bad weather they’ve had during and since the second test, the ground staff have struggled to prepare another wicket and so they might use the same one again. That being the case it would end up being a day 6 1/2 pitch on the last day, which potentially brings spin into the game more than usual. All that said, it’ll probably chuck it down again all game and the spinner won’t bowl a ball.
Personally I’d go unchanged team, although I may be tempted to bring Wood in for Curran.

Reactions: Boo
Wood for Bess for me, unless it's the same pitch as the second Test, in which case Wood for Curran.

Burns is fortunate Stokes is NA, his place should be under pressure with scores of 4, 10 & 0 in his last three knocks, plus two drops in the last test.

Doesn’t take much imagination to think what the usual suspects would have to say if that had been Buttler’s recent record.

Burns is fortunate Stokes is NA, his place should be under pressure with scores of 4, 10 & 0 in his last three knocks, plus two drops in the last test.

Doesn’t take much imagination to think what the usual suspects would have to say if that had been Buttler’s recent record.
Haway man. You don’t look at last 3 scores, you look at scores over a sustained period of time.

Poor effort.

Haway man. You don’t look at last 3 scores, you look at scores over a sustained period of time.
I'm not saying drop him, but his place is under pressure.
The fact is with 248 runs this summer @ 31 Buttler's outperforming him with the bat and he's started putting chances down in the slips.
It's not great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back