25th January Stats

China levels of propaganda and Mag levels of delusion in the replies. :lol:

These are deaths are sadly the ones that a few weeks ago, anyone with half a brain knew would come, when the rest were were jerking off because there was 100,000 cases a day “bUT onlY 78 dYiNg! Gr8 GreENs aLl RoUnD”
What a condescending strange man you really are.

It’s crackers that we have been desensitized to the point 2000+ people a week dying of covid doesnt even register with most, mainly down to the pursuit of hedomism & “craicing on” as I keep hearing. Hey ho.

I dont even have any real answers but the delusion is on another level. You’d think these posters would learn from their mistakes given many of them flat out denied that we would get a 2nd or 3rd wave etc etc. Everytime the same shite “large number of cases but few cases - GREAT!” knowing full well the deaths would grimly catch up in a couple of weeks, like groundhog day.

Because in the end it doesn't really matter to them. 'Not worth reading up on it, not worth considering it, not worth taking care: because they're just not interested. I went 'round the houses with them for a few months, but it's a waste of time because they're just not interested in helping to save people's lives. Either they openly state that their immediate existence is more important, which I can sort of understand but don't agree with, or they attempt to pass themselves off as being interested when it's quite clear they haven't bothered to read and from that reading come up with a considered opinion on it and take care as a result. I reckon the second of the two is worse. Why would anyone go on a message board and continually say the same shite they've been saying since June knowing that everyone knows they've been proved wrong month after month, and the threads are there on this message board to prove it; and then make the same statements six months down the line as if they're some authority on it? As I say, you won't get much sense on these threads, and there's nothing you can say to change that.

Have you just popped out and breathed over a few old people? If so, don't do it again...it damages your credibility, plus death is very bad for your health.
Does anyone still believe this isnt the person behind the @SAFCOldie persona?
What a condescending strange man you really are.
Do you feel awkward and uncomfertable I’m telling the truth? You’d think people would get tired of being proven wrong on things but they are mad gluttons for punishment on here like :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Does anyone still believe this isnt the person behind the @SAFCOldie persona?

Do you feel awkward and uncomfertable I’m telling the truth? You’d think people would get tired of being proven wrong on things but they are mad gluttons for punishment on here like :rolleyes:

How are people getting proved wrong? Are posters saying extra cases wont lead to extra deaths? I take it you would have had us back in restrictions before Christmas?

that has been said on numerous occasions.

I really dont know. Doubtful. I’d have probably copied the measures implemented by Scotland & Wales tbh but no worse. It’s obvious we can’t & won’t go back to lockdowns.

Ive been on this board a lot and apart from the obvious fruit loops or wind ups I really dont think it has. Can the name the posters who did say it please?

Ive been on this board a lot and apart from the obvious fruit loops or wind ups I really dont think it has. Can the name the posters who did say it please?
Cba Rob i’m watching Vera but its the same craic ad-nauseum “ohh cases going up but no deaths! Yipee” then sure enough 2 weeks later a waaave of deaths but their head is firmly in the sand or they are coming out with shite like ‘they would have died anyway etc’.

Hopefully this omnicrom is a lot milder (something I was sceptical about when we first discussed it) but when theres 2000+ a week still perishing it leaves the Jury out for me, for now.

that has been said on numerous occasions.

I really dont know. Doubtful. I’d have probably copied the measures implemented by Scotland & Wales tbh but no worse. It’s obvious we can’t & won’t go back to lockdowns.

You do understand people will die, we aren't immortal, high risk people die from many different out comes, the reason your so fixated on covid is due to the fact we have been in a pandemic and have had the death numbers rammed down our throats 24/7 for 2 years.

We have in the most part coped with the outbreak pretty well, things are getting better all the time, your trying to make a complex set of figures of who has died with or because of over simplified to score some points on a forum, it is going endemic, so expect a number of deaths every year moving forward from covid, the same as flu and many other illness that increase over the winter period.

You also just fail to explain what has been done so wrong and what could have been done better to reduce deaths, where as i truly believe deaths have been reduced purely by allowing the milder virus Omicron to displace the more deadly Delta out.

I guess your going to be on a crusade to make sure we have reform in all welfare ran services ( care homes for example) to bring in measures to combat the leading causes of death to be reduced?
  • In December 2021, there were 49,428 deaths registered in England, 7,346 deaths (17.5%) more than the December five-year average (2015 to 2019); there were 3,336 deaths registered in Wales, 470 deaths (16.4%) more than the December average.
  • The leading cause of death in December 2021 was dementia and Alzheimer's disease in both England (accounting for 12.4% of all deaths) and Wales (12.1% of all deaths).
  • Coronavirus (COVID-19) was the fourth leading cause of death in December 2021 in both England (accounting for 5.4% of all deaths) and Wales (5.2% of all deaths).
  • The proportion of deaths due to COVID-19 (of all deaths that involved COVID-19) decreased between November and December 2021 in both England (from 84.9% to 83.8%) and Wales (from 83.9% to 79.6%).
  • Taking into account the population size and age structure, the age-standardised mortality rate (ASMR) for deaths due to COVID-19 decreased significantly between November and December 2021 in both England (56.3 deaths per 100,000 people) and Wales (59.3 deaths per 100,000 people).
  • The East Midlands was the English region with the highest ASMR for deaths due to COVID-19 in December 2021 (72.5 deaths per 100,000 people).
  • In Quarter 4 (Oct to Dec) 2021, diabetes remained the most common pre-existing condition mentioned on death certificates for deaths due to COVID-19 in England and Wales (22.5% of all deaths due to COVID-19).

edit:-

The proportion of deaths due to COVID-19 (of all deaths that involved COVID-19) decreased between November and December 2021 in both England (from 84.9% to 83.8%) and Wales (from 83.9% to 79.6%). For more information on our definition of COVID-19 deaths

Last edited:
Cba Rob i’m watching Vera but its the same craic ad-nauseum “ohh cases going up but no deaths! Yipee” then sure enough 2 weeks later a waaave of deaths but their head is firmly in the sand or they are coming out with shite like ‘they would have died anyway etc’.

Hopefully this omnicrom is a lot milder (something I was sceptical about when we first discussed it) but when theres 2000+ a week still perishing it leaves the Jury out for me, for now.

You have but nowt but call people on here. Only a few posts ago you were adamant posters have been saying a rise in cases wont lead to a rise in deaths. You have been asked to back it up and clearly cant. Maybe next time before you start shooting your mouth off with juvenile shite it makes you stop and think......, I highly doubt it though

'Not sure why you bother with these threads, mate, there's no reasoning with most on here. They've been saying the same shite since June, eventually they will be right in the same way if every year for the next ten years I predicted SAFC will get out of this division, eventually I will be right. Just about all of them were expecting much less than 100 people losing their lives on a daily basis at this time, because they saw it on a graph somewhere. Even worse, when it is eventually over they'll claim they've been vindicated in some way and were right all along.

At the end of it, 439 people losing their lives in a day didn't have to happen, and the likes of the people who post on these threads haven't helped due to not taking care and posting nonsense that impressionable people listen to and believe.

Of course it will improve over the next few months, significantly once we get beyond the coldest snap, that's what respiratory viruses do. But, that was never in question. What was been said was that the winter months wouldn't be good so do your bit to help, but they looked at graphs, posted them and boldly announced no one needs to do anything to help because there'll be very few deaths during the winter period. 'Pathetic really, but you've more chance of unearthing the hidden secrets to alchemy and building yourself a gold factory, than you have of getting through to most on here. They don't care, man, 'never did; this is just a place for them to have an argument.

😭 It's not fair. I want my lockdown back. Don't pretend this is about altruism.

Don’t do yourself many favours when (I think) it was you spitting your dummy out the other day claiming you couldn’t get straight answers to one of your threads (despite getting loads) when that’s how you respond to what seems like a reasonable post and question.
He’s on the windup posting that “most of these people would die anyway” so didnt deserve a reasoned reply.

He’s on the windup posting that “most of these people would die anyway” so didnt deserve a reasoned reply.
It is an interesting puzzle tho isn’t it, this is the first time where deaths have increased but the number of people on ventilation hasn’t. It’s certainly worth trying to understand why that’s happening as there must be a reason for it.

Why would anyone go on a message board and continually say the same shite they've been saying since June knowing that everyone knows they've been proved wrong month after month, and the threads are there on this message board to prove it; and then make the same statements six months down the line as if they're some authority on it? As I say, you won't get much sense on these threads, and there's nothing you can say to change that.
Yet you are still doing it. No lockdown necessary. No mass hospitalisation of Covid patients. No mass deaths of oldies or vulnerable from Covid.
You went into minute detail about this and that and none of it happened.
It is an interesting puzzle tho isn’t it, this is the first time where deaths have increased but the number of people on ventilation hasn’t. It’s certainly worth trying to understand why that’s happening as there must be a reason for it.
It is obvious why but he won’t acknowledge the reason.

Back