2020 cycling thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 23273
  • Start date
I fitted some new 50mm Schwalbe Marathon Supreme tyres on my MTB/touring bike rebuild. Been riding it for a week and already had two f***ing punctures! The second one was a piece of glass that went right through the middle of the tread. They roll brilliantly but I thought these things had a reputation of being practically puncture proof.
I'm in France currently and have done a mini refurb on the late father in laws motobecane. Bought some new tyres, tubes etc so I can use it when I'm here as well as replaced cabling, chain etc. Got about a mile from the house. Pfffttttsssssssss. f***ing nail from a hoss shoe.

Replaced the back tyre on the mtb which had de laminated partially with age so I can take child 1 on the bike seat. Got about a mile from the house. Pffftttssssss. Glass.

Also discovered a screw through the back tyre of the volvo. 200 quid later......

f***ing tyres.

I'll never buy Schwalbe again. I'm sure they aren't so bad but the sheer quantity of punctures versus Conti doing the same riding and routes puts me off completely. Talking tyres and tubes.

Go out in a group ;)

never happen....the only time i've ridden in a group as such was the SMB C2C we did in a day.
I'm in France currently and have done a mini refurb on the late father in laws motobecane. Bought some new tyres, tubes etc so I can use it when I'm here as well as replaced cabling, chain etc. Got about a mile from the house. Pfffttttsssssssss. f***ing nail from a hoss shoe.

Replaced the back tyre on the mtb which had de laminated partially with age so I can take child 1 on the bike seat. Got about a mile from the house. Pffftttssssss. Glass.

Also discovered a screw through the back tyre of the volvo. 200 quid later......

f***ing tyres.

Bit random. but did you notice if the Campanile and ibis etc are open ?
We normally drive down in August but always break the journey ( Normally in Alcenon) with a stop over

Last edited:
never happen....the only time i've ridden in a group as such was the SMB C2C we did in a day.

We normally drive down in August but always break the journey ( Normally in Alcenon) with a stop over
Yeah all open here mate

Coincidence. For quite a few years we stopped on the way down in Alencon, though not used it for a few years. Always camped though.

For what its worth, and i was asking about this a month ago... the specialized armadillo's i got (28s to fit an existing 25) went on fine and so far i've not had any problems (touch wood). had armadillo's previously and they were really reliable when avoiding punctures on roads & dirt paths...

Never stopped moaning the lad. Urgh crap Chinese. Cold. Rain. Steep. Too fast. Rain. Shit pub. Mithering on.

You caught me on a few good days mate...
You forgot me whining about the god awful racket my groupset was making that day
:lol:
Coincidence. For quite a few years we stopped on the way down in Alencon, though not used it for a few years. Always camped though.

Stop each year at their Campanile...right next to the old runway...just been on their site and doesn't look like any rooms available.
Will have a look for summat else in similar area and next to A28

Last edited:
For what its worth, and i was asking about this a month ago... the specialized armadillo's i got (28s to fit an existing 25) went on fine and so far i've not had any problems (touch wood). had armadillo's previously and they were really reliable when avoiding punctures on roads & dirt paths...
The thing is I can't buy anything that has Specialized written on it because I can't bring myself to be associated with such a bastardized americanized spelling. Yes, I know that the Oxford English Dictionary allows it as an acceptable alternative spelling but it's the thin end of the wedge as far as I am f***ing concerned. After all, standards must be maintained or else what next? I might find myself using terms like "reach out", "gotten" or "my bad" etc and where would we be then???

You caught me on a few good days mate...
You forgot me whining about the god awful racket my groupset was making that day
:lol:

Stop each year at their Campanile...right next to the old runway...just been on their site and doesn't look like any rooms available.
Will have a look for summat else in similar area and next to A28
f***ing hell how did I forget that.

Anyone after a turbo ?
will be replacing mine shortly and anyone who wants it can have it ( will have to come and pick it up)

It’s a Taxc magnetic one...works fine

Back