2020 cycling thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 23273
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s definitely this. Look on YouTube for a tutorial on how to set up a front derailleur (mech).
Nice one. Decent enough bike - lad I know gave it me for nowt as he got a new one. Probably just needs a bit TLC to get the gears working.

Ibuprofen is your friend and your sadlle is defo too low. My rough guide is your knee should just be before full extension when fully extended.

Aye its ne where near that. Me Da said it was way too low but I just said he was talking shite I'm comfortable how it is :lol:

From doing no exercise at all it went to 20-40 mile rides daily so I've definitely overdone it from doing nothing. Will this be a regular thing then or with the right recovery will it fizzle away?

If going from nothing to 20-40 mile rides I'm guessing apart from the saddle height it could be a touch of tendonitis ? No doctor mind.
As MT says try Ibuprofen, ice, rest.....never feel that the E part of "RICE" seems to make a difference

when it settles I'd be looking at getting saddle height right( plenty of online guides without having to pay for bike fits)

If going from nothing to 20-40 mile rides I'm guessing apart from the saddle height it could be a touch of tendonitis ? No doctor mind.
As MT says try Ibuprofen, ice, rest.....never feel that the E part of "RICE" seems to make a difference

when it settles I'd be looking at getting saddle height right( plenty of online guides without having to pay for bike fits)

Aye its looks like it could possibly be that. When things settle down I'm gonna see a knee pyhsio anyway but I'll do all the suggestions in here anarl. Planning on doing the c2c in September so hopefully it's all sorted for then.

Aye its looks like it could possibly be that. When things settle down I'm gonna see a knee pyhsio anyway but I'll do all the suggestions in here anarl. Planning on doing the c2c in September so hopefully it's all sorted for then.
Foam rokker/swimming noodle helped me.

Lads i have just bought a gravel bike, Am i able to swap the tyres onto road tyres when necessary, as in on the same wheel, or do i need to buy completely new wheels and tyres purely for road riding?

Lads i have just bought a gravel bike, Am i able to swap the tyres onto road tyres when necessary, as in on the same wheel, or do i need to buy completely new wheels and tyres purely for road riding?

the answer is maybe, but it depends on what wheels you have

will you be able to fit different size tyres - yes, but something like 25's might be too narrow for your rims

You can buy a 700 x 28 or a 700 x 32 tyre.

What size is the wheel itself?

This is the spec of the bike i have bought, hasn’t been delivered yet.

Schwalbe G-ONE, 700Cx30 tyres

Rim is 19mm so you could go down to 700x20 tyres. It also states max tyre width is 700x35

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back