2020 cycling thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 23273
  • Start date
I know for a fact this will have been asked and answered 100s of times on here, read a couple of threads and noticed this was 22 pages long, fuck that.

Help me avoid making a new thread, but what’s a decent training regime for the C2C next year? I’m thinking more hills, I’m not concerned About distances, more hills. Should I just go to Strawberry Bank and go up and down a good few times?
No as it's quite steep and you'll be bored off your tits. Head to consett, Lancaster way, plenty hills there

I know for a fact this will have been asked and answered 100s of times on here, read a couple of threads and noticed this was 22 pages long, fuck that.

Help me avoid making a new thread, but what’s a decent training regime for the C2C next year? I’m thinking more hills, I’m not concerned About distances, more hills. Should I just go to Strawberry Bank and go up and down a good few times?

Cox green would be better...
No as it's quite steep and you'll be bored off your tits. Head to consett, Lancaster way, plenty hills there

hill reps up peth or buttons bank...after that the C2C will be a doddle

Last edited:

Depending on where you live, get yourself along the lines to Beamish then use the road and forest trails network to the north. The roads are surprisingly steep in places and there enough choice to keep it fresh. The off-road stuff is fun too if you are into that.

By the time you are back in Sunderland, you can have clocked thirty plus miles with some decent climbs.

Depending on where you live, get yourself along the lines to Beamish then use the road and forest trails network to the north. The roads are surprisingly steep in places and there enough choice to keep it fresh. The off-road stuff is fun too if you are into that.

By the time you are back in Sunderland, you can have clocked thirty plus miles with some decent climbs.
I did go from the SOL to Durham Cricket Ground & back a few year ago like. Very enjoyable on. Nice day.
Is it steeper than Hartside Pass? The way people are going on about it it’s a vertical climb

I did go from the SOL to Durham Cricket Ground & back a few year ago like. Very enjoyable on. Nice day.

Is it steeper than Hartside Pass? The way people are going on about it it’s a vertical climb

Hartside pass isn’t even the hardest climb on the C2C...it’s quite an easy climb to get in a rhythm

You mentioned Cox Green, I don’t know the area well, but it’s on the C2C isn’t it? Do you just mean the track?

go to iron bridge at the bottom near river...turn around and right past pub, past stables and turn left, carry on then next t junction turn right and climb finishes at Offerton barns.
All on road, in essence it’s three very short but steep sections with false flats in between.

Its my go to hill rep due to it being near home and tough enough for a decent work out

assuming you're doing it in 3 days - then no 'regime' needed, just go out on your bike as far as you want and enjoy it - as long as you're not going to keel over after doing an hour or two then you'll be fine

if its a 2 days job then as long as you're not going to keel over after two or three hours then you'll be fine

Hartside is long but not steep.

Canny climbing from fatfield.

go to iron bridge at the bottom near river...turn around and right past pub, past stables and turn left, carry on then next t junction turn right and climb finishes at Offerton barns.
All on road, in essence it’s three very short but steep sections with false flats in between.

Its my go to hill rep due to it being near home and tough enough for a decent work out
That bank just off the iron bridge is brutal

do it in repeats...usually 3 or 4 ( bridge to Offerton)
in years gone by have done six full reps which was tough
Might give it a go. Never gone left so might do that as a ride next
do it in repeats...usually 3 or 4 ( bridge to Offerton)
in years gone by have done six full reps which was tough
So going left can I follow Offerton Lane all the way to the Wear (north side) and is there a path taking you back into town?

Last edited:
Might give it a go. Never gone left so might do that as a ride next

So going left can I follow Offerton Lane all the way to the Wear (north side) and is there a path taking you back into town?

not sure ..I generally get to Offerton after the repeats and cross the a183 to take me to the Board Inn and I can then add whatever I want miles wise back home

this is the Strava segment

Last edited:

Back