2020 cycling thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 23273
  • Start date

hi new to road cycling, recently did the coast to castles, wondering if there is any cycling groups that meet near sunderland ryhope seaham areas?

Realised im a fat fucker and have managed to get a bike off a mate - However the front gear change thing wont go from the bottom cog onto the upper most cog. Any ideas on wether this can be adjusted. Its a bog standard moutain bike with shimano gears.

Been 22 years since i was last on a bike!!

Realised im a fat fucker and have managed to get a bike off a mate - However the front gear change thing wont go from the bottom cog onto the upper most cog. Any ideas on wether this can be adjusted. Its a bog standard moutain bike with shimano gears.

Try putting the back cog on the smallest and then move the big cog. Be ready to change the back quickly tho and don't attempt on a hill.

Does it need cleaning and lubing?

Does it need cleaning and lubing?
Possibly. I’ve adjusted the screws on the front changer thing and it will now drop into bottom front cog but the biggest. So I’ve got 12 out of 18 gears. The tension on the cable is very loose so think it could be that.

Anyone struggled with the IT band on the knee in here? Started biking during lockdown and was fine at first but just took too much on too quick and fucked it after a 40 mile ride when it started hurting after 20 mile. Rested it for a week and done some stretches and used a roller, tried it a couple days ago and didn't even last a couple mile before it was agony again. Obviously I need to rest it more but anymore suggestions? Finally found something I'm enjoying and I can't even do it I'm sick :lol:

Anyone struggled with the IT band on the knee in here? Started biking during lockdown and was fine at first but just took too much on too quick and fucked it after a 40 mile ride when it started hurting after 20 mile. Rested it for a week and done some stretches and used a roller, tried it a couple days ago and didn't even last a couple mile before it was agony again. Obviously I need to rest it more but anymore suggestions? Finally found something I'm enjoying and I can't even do it I'm sick :lol:
I’d perhaps look at your saddle height and position. With height set it as high as you think feels comfortable, then put it up another inch.

I've had the odd bout of knee tendonitis when I've increased time/miles substantially.
Very common
From doing no exercise at all it went to 20-40 mile rides daily so I've definitely overdone it from doing nothing. Will this be a regular thing then or with the right recovery will it fizzle away?

Back