2020 cycling thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 23273
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

I’ve had some right bastards. Knuckles to the bone when one of those tyre levers slip and you rattle the spokes :lol:

Been said on here a few times but the likes schwalbe marathons are an absolute mare.....granted it's rare you get one but what a clart on...
I also had numerous issues getting them to sit on the rim correctly....

went on a 40 mile ride yesterday, the first time i've done that distance, since starting to cycle properly last month. That bank at seaham around the back of the industrial estate that leads to the A19 near Dalton Park almost killed me.

went on a 40 mile ride yesterday, the first time i've done that distance, since starting to cycle properly last month. That bank at seaham around the back of the industrial estate that leads to the A19 near Dalton Park almost killed me.
I love that incline. Slow and steady heart rate. Feels your exercising properly up there.I always pedal up the path too.

Last edited:
Is it as easy as it sounds to get a tyre back on?

I stopped to help a bloke with a puncture on his road bike wheels. They must have been 18mm, can you get 15mm ? Anyway, he was struggling like hell, snapped his lever.
Him and me fought this bastard tyre and together we got it on(ooh er). I was on my cross bike, and when i get a puncture in my nobblies, the tyre just about falls off. I can get the tyre off and back on with just my fingers. Thinner the tyre, the harder they are to get on and off.

I stopped to help a bloke with a puncture on his road bike wheels. They must have been 18mm, can you get 15mm ? Anyway, he was struggling like hell, snapped his lever.
Him and me fought this bastard tyre and together we got it on(ooh er). I was on my cross bike, and when i get a puncture in my nobblies, the tyre just about falls off. I can get the tyre off and back on with just my fingers. Thinner the tyre, the harder they are to get on and off.

years back I used to use Conti supersonics purely for races..they were either 18 or 19 mm I think. Nightmare to get on/off

I used to have 19mm tyres on my road bike years ago. In those days narrow was regarded as faster. Probably why I had to have operations to repair both me fukin shoulders 😆
You've mentioned that before but I've never felt it.
Seriously, I couldn't trust the bike in the wet. I had a couple of particularly scary events that I managed to get away with. Then swapped them for Michelin Pro4 and the transformation was amazing - really sure-footed in the wet. Another mate had similar experience with them. He is a particular fan of Conti & swears by gp4000 but was alarmed when he tried gators. I once mentioned this to the owner of lbs and his comment was that they are terrible tyres & he would never put them on his bikes. His opinion was that Conti only keep making them because there is such a high demand due to puncture resistant reputation.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back