2020 cycling thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 23273
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
It feels more like the bones. I have an Adamo but it's crippling me, but I can do a triathlon on it for 6 hours 🤷‍♂️. I like my stock giant saddle that I have on my road bike, but I'm not going to change it everytime I go out.

Not get a cheap Giant saddle somewhere to replicate your road set up ?
Downside of turbo is so much less movement than on the road, so less changing position, so no natural "break"

Not get a cheap Giant saddle somewhere to replicate your road set up ?
Downside of turbo is so much less movement than on the road, so less changing position, so no natural "break"
Looking at a few on Ebay. I might just stick my tt saddle on my roadie. I hate changing saddles.

I have that canyon partly due to recommendations on here and have to say it is fantastic for the money. Really delighted with it. Happy to answer any questions you have.

Cheers, I'll PM you with a few.

Wouldn't let me start a conversation with you.
Happy to answer any questions you have.

How did you find the sizing? I've read their guide may be recommending too small.

Are the 105 rim brakes that good?

Do you find the bike harder to keep at higher speeds (read a review saying you had to push out extra watts to keep your speed)?

Cheers

Last edited:
While we (some of us) have time on our hands, which one should I pull the trigger on? I'm looking for the sportive style as I wont be racing, but will be in the saddle for 3 hrs ish on occasion, so comfort is needed.

Canyon Endurace AL 7.0 v Specialized Allez Elite (Both 2020)

My mind is 51% Canyon (due to the full 105 set up) and 49% Spesh.
Canyon. The better tyres and wheels edged it for me. Bonus for having a 34T cassette. Canny for the c2c.

A couple of years ago when my ancient track pump fell to bits I bought a Joe Blow one after reading reviews. It's been a pain in the arse - I have to bounce my full weight down on the plunger to get road tyres up to pressure. I'm too fkn tight to chuck it away cos it does actually kind-of work and I'd have to buy another and sustainability and I'm only a poor pensioner yerknaa.
So I wouldn't get one of them if I were you.
And road tyres will always have Presta valves, Shirley? Expect all pumps to have dual fittings for Presta/Schrader anyway like.

A couple of years ago when my ancient track pump fell to bits I bought a Joe Blow one after reading reviews. It's been a pain in the arse - I have to bounce my full weight down on the plunger to get road tyres up to pressure. I'm too fkn tight to chuck it away cos it does actually kind-of work and I'd have to buy another and sustainability and I'm only a poor pensioner yerknaa.
And road tyres will always have Presta valves, Shirley? Expect all pumps to have dual fittings for Presta/Schrader anyway like.

aye even the cheapest and most basic track pump will be dual valve use

I’ve got an old Blackburn track pump which I picked up at a car boot sale for a fiver. The dual fitting end broke and before I bought a replacement, I simply threaded the rubber tube over the Presta valve. It’s a revelation. There’s no restriction in the fitting, so you get max air flow and the tyres blow up far quicker. I ended up not buying a replacement and just use this method now.

Wouldn't let me start a conversation with you.

How did you find the sizing? I've read their guide may be recommending too small.

Are the 105 rim brakes that good?

Do you find the bike harder to keep at higher speeds (read a review saying you had to push out extra watts to keep your speed)?

Cheers
Not sure what is up with PMs.

The sizing is definitely a size small. Go one up I'd say. I think the brakes are very good, only really needed a couple of times (emergency I mean, not normal use) and they are very stable.

Regarding the speed, I sometimes feel like I max out the bike on strong descents and I am hardly a power rider. An extra cog would help. Maintaining speed at various levels isn't a problem though.

All in all the bike is great and I'm really happy with it. When I bought it I was a returning cyclist but roads were new for me completely. The bike has been so simple from day one. I wouldnt hesitate to recommend it.

I’ve had one of these Joe Blows for a few years now and had no problem dong tyres up to 100psi with it. It’s been a good pump.

Just started to get back out on the bike again after a couple of years away. Not getting out until late evening so wanting some lights as it is getting dark by the time I come home. Can anyone recommend a set of lights on Amazon? Thanks

160km yesterday. Bonked 3 from home and Mrs had to come and pick me up!

Had headwind for last 3 hours which killed me.

Great ride out though. Gloucestershire / Wye Valley / Severn Bridge / Avon cycle path

@Schmarrnbeppi I'm chewing on over the sizing of the bikes ....still. (There's a flash sale at the moment, so the time is right to get one.)

I'm 6ft and come out on their sizing thing as s L, and their thing keeps it as a large up to 6ft 4. If I may ask, what size is your bike and how tall are you?

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back