2020 cycling thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 23273
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Got a road bike second hand a few months back - took it out the shed today to oil the chain, pump the tires etc.

Took it out for a quick spin round the block and think it might be too big! I’m 6ft2 with a 32 inside leg and my bike frame is 61cm.

I’m sure it will be fine for the few miles I will do as a beginner though - just need to pluck up the bottle to get out on the road on my own for the first time :lol:

I've got a 61 frame road bike which I bought second hand a few years back and it's a big bike but it's comfortable to ride and I like it.

If you're not over reaching on anything it should be fine

My other 'for best' road bike is okay but I feel a bit constrained on it

Any decent saddles or bibs for turbo training? My arse cannot hack it.

What's the problem saddle/arse wise ?
If it's numb nuts I have an Adamo on my turbo bike and also on my old TT bike.
Good pads in shorts the other must. I find le col really good as well as the Morvelo bibs. The Morvelo jazzier bibs are often reduced and if only for the turbo might be worth a look

Most of saddle pain is fit. The rest is having the right shape and width. Unfortunately it's mostly trail and error. Normally I'd try a bike shop as some can measure your sit bones. Gel covers can make things worse as you end up just sliding around on your arse muscles rather than your sit bones

Reactions: D.A
Any decent saddles or bibs for turbo training? My arse cannot hack it.

While we (some of us) have time on our hands, which one should I pull the trigger on? I'm looking for the sportive style as I wont be racing, but will be in the saddle for 3 hrs ish on occasion, so comfort is needed.

Canyon Endurace AL 7.0 v Specialized Allez Elite (Both 2020)

My mind is 51% Canyon (due to the full 105 set up) and 49% Spesh.

Last edited:
What's the problem saddle/arse wise ?
If it's numb nuts I have an Adamo on my turbo bike and also on my old TT bike.
Good pads in shorts the other must. I find le col really good as well as the Morvelo bibs. The Morvelo jazzier bibs are often reduced and if only for the turbo might be worth a look
It feels more like the bones. I have an Adamo but it's crippling me, but I can do a triathlon on it for 6 hours 🤷‍♂️. I like my stock giant saddle that I have on my road bike, but I'm not going to change it everytime I go out.

While we (some of us) have time on our hands, which one should I pull the trigger on? I'm looking for the sportive style as I wont be racing, but will be in the saddle for 3 hrs ish on occasion, so comfort is needed.

Canyon Endurace AL 7.0 v Specialized Allez Elite (Both 2020)

My mind is 51% Canyon (due to the full 105 set up) and 49% Spesh.
I have that canyon partly due to recommendations on here and have to say it is fantastic for the money. Really delighted with it. Happy to answer any questions you have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back