**** 2019 Golf Thread ****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just remembered my alignment was slightly off when setting up. I bought a cheap lazer off ebay that puts a line on the floor and set up putting down that. That might help you based on what youre saying as should reinforce aim. You can lend it if you want it's got a cross beam as well so you can see if your face is square to target.

I might have a look down it looks a good set up from what I've seen on line

A cheap alternative is to DIY an "elevated string" aid. Just tie a piece of string around a couple of bottles/dumbells with a coin as a target. Or use chopsticks/knitting needles on the practice green.

Logon or register to see this image

Any recommendations on a new golf watch? Have had the garmin s1 for ages which did the job but I lost it yesterday. Would happily get another garmin except for the charger that comes with them. Not sure if they’ve changed it or not but the old charger was a god awful piece of shit. Claw like thing with about six contacts that had to match up with the watch. You’d think you had it charging only to come get it to go play and the thing would be dead.

Any recommendations on a new golf watch? Have had the garmin s1 for ages which did the job but I lost it yesterday. Would happily get another garmin except for the charger that comes with them. Not sure if they’ve changed it or not but the old charger was a god awful piece of shit. Claw like thing with about six contacts that had to match up with the watch. You’d think you had it charging only to come get it to go play and the thing would be dead.
I had the S1 for years mate and the strap snapped so went and bought the S2 for £99.99.

It does everything I need for a good price, the charger on the S2 is much better mate.

I had the S1 for years mate and the strap snapped so went and bought the S2 for £99.99.

It does everything I need for a good price, the charger on the S2 is much better mate.
Cheers, think I’ll get the s2 so. Just need to check with the golf course that someone didn’t hand in my s1. Liked everything about the s1 except the charger

Cheers, think I’ll get the s2 so. Just need to check with the golf course that someone didn’t hand in my s1. Liked everything about the s1 except the charger
I can’t be arsed with all the extra ‘features’ bollocks on the expensive watches, I’ll never use them.

Never considered a laser? I’d be lost without mine.
I have but tbh I think I’d lose it pretty quickly! The routine with the watch was great. I’d still have it on when I got home so put it straight on charge. The strap broke recently and I just attached it to the golf bag. Third time of doing that I lost it!

I’m no expert at the golf anyway so the gps does me fine.

I have the s6 and it still has the shit charger unfortunately. You have to make sure the little charger symbol is on to be sure it's working. I also use absolutely none of the features that contribute towards it being 2 or 3 times the price of the S2.

Apart from that they're pretty good. I have a laser but I rarely use it. Watches are so much better and simpler to use.

78-8-70 for third place at St Annes Old Links today. A lovely steady round including three birdies and two double bogeys. Unfortunately, that is likely to be the highlight of my golfing year.

78-8-70 for third place at St Annes Old Links today. A lovely steady round including three birdies and two double bogeys. Unfortunately, that is likely to be the highlight of my golfing year.

Canny going

Daft knock today with the missus - 30 points for me, 32 for her I'm buying the beers tonight :)

Comp tomorrow, tee time just came online and its f***ing 910

On the plus side its 28 degrees

Don't despair mate, if you're anything like me, you'll come back stronger after losing all your bad habits over the winter. I've only played Villaitana this year and did ok, can't be arsed going out in the quagmires over here yet. Hopefully another week like this should dry everywhere up a bit. Wish I was off to play in the sun again, you cannot whack it.
Was canny. Actualy striking pretty good, 10 yard pull in some irons every few shots a little concerning, no hook or draw just straight as they come, just slightly left ffs

But at least I was hitting them pretty clean

Always easier of the mats though

Canny going

Daft knock today with the missus - 30 points for me, 32 for her I'm buying the beers tonight :)

Comp tomorrow, tee time just came online and its f***ing 910

On the plus side its 28 degrees
You're doing it all wrong fella. You need to get young Atilla on the golf course not the missus. Play well tomorrow.

You're doing it all wrong fella. You need to get young Atilla on the golf course not the missus. Play well tomorrow.

Cheers mate

The boys just too young for the summer camps at the club, loves a night on the putting green at the driving range though

The missus enjoys it and once in a while isn't so bad considering how often I'm in the bar I guess

Played some decent golf today, parred 1-10.Ended up with a 6 over 78. No three putts and no doubles. Rescued quite a few pars from tricky locations which I was pleased with cos I've been practicing my short game this week. Shame it wasn't a qualifier as it would have got me back down to single figures.

My putting has completely got to me. I can't finish the stroke off. I'm going to have to not play for a couple of weeks. My heads completely gone. If anything the lesson I had has made me worse lol.

Was canny. Actualy striking pretty good, 10 yard pull in some irons every few shots a little concerning, no hook or draw just straight as they come, just slightly left ffs

But at least I was hitting them pretty clean

Always easier of the mats though
Glad to hear it mate, seems like the winter rest might have done you good, it always works for me (to a point). I usually start the season off striking the ball canny, peak around june, then fall to fkn pieces for the rest of the year. I follow the same pattern every year and have now accepted that's as good as its going to get. No worries though, its better than shopping with the missus, especially the odd trip to play in the sun each year. Golf is a torturous love. Enjoy your season mate!

I don't even use mine now. Golf GPS app on my phone is fantastic. Satellite course views, distance to everything and a scorecard inbuilt. Can even link it to a smartwatch if you don't want to look at your phone. All free.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.golfzon.fyardage

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back