**** 2019 Golf Thread ****

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't even use mine now. Golf GPS app on my phone is fantastic. Satellite course views, distance to everything and a scorecard inbuilt. Can even link it to a smartwatch if you don't want to look at your phone. All free.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.golfzon.fyardage
Thanks, I’ll give that a go. I’ve tried a few of the phone apps before and never found them any good. Always hidden charges too.

Haven’t tried this one before and it doesn’t seem to have any hidden charges.

Edit. Downloaded it and it will successfully download all the courses around me except the one I play at! How typical is that. I’ll send them an email with the error code. See what they say. Would save me a few quid if I got this going.

Thanks, I’ll give that a go. I’ve tried a few of the phone apps before and never found them any good. Always hidden charges too.

Haven’t tried this one before and it doesn’t seem to have any hidden charges.

Edit. Downloaded it and it will successfully download all the courses around me except the one I play at! How typical is that. I’ll send them an email with the error code. See what they say. Would save me a few quid if I got this going.
:lol: ffs. Typical!

Just downloaded it and it has my course on so I'll give it a try at the weekend
I like the fact you can drag the marker around to get a distance to anything.

Think it defaults to yards though, so if you're a meters boy you'll need to change the settings.

I like the fact you can drag the marker around to get a distance to anything.

Think it defaults to yards though, so if you're a meters boy you'll need to change the settings.
Different gravy this shit

I look for the marker to get a distance then the rest is feel :)

I just don't have the patience or consistency to talk a few yards
If a green is 10mtrs by 10mtrs I just shoot for the middle and hope.

Different gravy this shit

I look for the marker to get a distance then the rest is feel :)

I just don't have the patience or consistency to talk a few yards
If a green is 10mtrs by 10mtrs I just shoot for the middle and hope.

Aye, I go off the markers as well atm - I've got a garmin s2 but never really use it as I generally only play my home course. I like the look of that app so you can track your scores mind - will have a play about with it tonight

I have a Garmin Approach G6 which gives me distances to the front, middle and back of greens and any hazards lurking en route to the green which is enough for me. The bastard thing arrived with the distance default set to metres rather than yards. It took me a few months over a Winter to work to why there were yardage discrepancies.

I have a Garmin Approach G6 which gives me distances to the front, middle and back of greens and any hazards lurking en route to the green which is enough for me. The bastard thing arrived with the distance default set to metres rather than yards. It took me a few months over a Winter to work to why there were yardage discrepancies.

:) similar to when I moved here - metres instead of yards - everything was short

Was away last year with my marra golfing, had a bit crack with the pro one day after a round, anyway next day we are on the course and on a par 3..mate was getting ready for his shot and the pro turned up in his buggy and obviously stopped for etiquette. Mate done his thing and took his shot, in a succinct 15 second statement the pro f***ing annihilated my mates et up and swing, fuckinh destoyed him, winked and fucked off. Leaving my marra feeling a right twat.

Of course i loved it.

I'm working away at the end of the month up in Aberdeen. Has anyone played any decent courses up there. I've looked on golf empire to see if there's any opens on but the only ones are 1.5 hour drive away.
Or does anyone live up that way and fancy a game on sunday 27th

I'm working away at the end of the month up in Aberdeen. Has anyone played any decent courses up there. I've looked on golf empire to see if there's any opens on but the only ones are 1.5 hour drive away.
Or does anyone live up that way and fancy a game on sunday 27th
Cruden Bay is one of my favourite courses and I've played some good 'uns. You may think it's a bit expensive but it's well worth it particularly if you're in the vicinity anyway. There is also a belting fish & chip place on the harbour at Peterhead.

Cruden Bay is one of my favourite courses and I've played some good 'uns. You may think it's a bit expensive but it's well worth it particularly if you're in the vicinity anyway. There is also a belting fish & chip place on the harbour at Peterhead.
It is a bit steep £130 for 18 holes.
I didn't realise it's rated no.71 in the world.

It is a bit steep £130 for 18 holes.
I didn't realise it's rated no.71 in the world.
I'm surprised that it is that expensive. It was about £70 when I played it albeit about 8 years ago. It is much more enjoyable than a number of the courses that I have played which feature on The Open rota though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back