**** 2019 Golf Thread ****

A longer post than I would like, but trust good advice here:

Took up golf 2 years ago in my late 40's
Started to feel it coming....suspect this is like reaching for the holy grail
Then last November started getting pain in my right elbow (yeah golfers elbow), sat out as the weather was shit anyway
Played a game in January with family and regretted it
Got the straps etc
It got worse even trying to rest it so pushed the doc and got a steroid injection about a month ago
Carried on resting and started to feel the odd wince so have moved onto stretching exercises
That has seemed to help, though feel the odd wince still

My question one, has anyone else gone through this and when can I expect to get swinging again?
I also suspect I grip too hard when digging for moles.
So any tips to help with a softer grip?

Killing me cos the weather this week is screaming to me to get out on the course!

A longer post than I would like, but trust good advice here:

Took up golf 2 years ago in my late 40's
Started to feel it coming....suspect this is like reaching for the holy grail
Then last November started getting pain in my right elbow (yeah golfers elbow), sat out as the weather was shit anyway
Played a game in January with family and regretted it
Got the straps etc
It got worse even trying to rest it so pushed the doc and got a steroid injection about a month ago
Carried on resting and started to feel the odd wince so have moved onto stretching exercises
That has seemed to help, though feel the odd wince still

My question one, has anyone else gone through this and when can I expect to get swinging again?
I also suspect I grip too hard when digging for moles.
So any tips to help with a softer grip?

Killing me cos the weather this week is screaming to me to get out on the course!

I have bother with my back so went to see a Titleist certified physio. Gave me a full stretching routine to try and help the issues.

I have bother with my back so went to see a Titleist certified physio. Gave me a full stretching routine to try and help the issues.

So carry on stretching. I have back stuff but that is muscular, my elbow is a tendon thing which is a new thing to me.
I want to get back playing, but scared of going too early.

So carry on stretching. I have back stuff but that is muscular, my elbow is a tendon thing which is a new thing to me.
I want to get back playing, but scared of going too early.
I'd love to know what it was like to play golf and not be in pain. It's so long ago that I can't remember. Try swinging a club when you think you are getting there and that will give you an idea if you are ready to start playing again. Apart from stretching and painkillers there's not much you can do. I use some Biofreeze on my back before playing and it helps me to loosen up a bit.

I'd love to know what it was like to play golf and not be in pain. It's so long ago that I can't remember. Try swinging a club when you think you are getting there and that will give you an idea if you are ready to start playing again. Apart from stretching and painkillers there's not much you can do. I use some Biofreeze on my back before playing and it helps me to loosen up a bit.

Heat rub on the small of my back, support on my knee that I had rebuilt and painkillers for my shoulder - its almost as bad as when I played football

Heat rub on the small of my back, support on my knee that I had rebuilt and painkillers for my shoulder - its almost as bad as when I played football
Bandage on wrist and co-codamol for back for long standing injury. Me knees are getting fucked now as well but I'm far from complaining as I know loads of people who would prefer to be golfing to dead. It is a bastard getting older though.

Bandage on wrist and co-codamol for back for long standing injury. Me knees are getting fucked now as well but I'm far from complaining as I know loads of people who would prefer to be golfing to dead. It is a bastard getting older though.

Its the knee that bothers me the most. Everything else is wear and tear but playing a hilly course 2 hours after finishing I'm sat with an ice pack on and a knee the size of a football - golfs supposedly an enjoyable walk :lol:

Played Southmoor Saturday morning, that course should never have been open.

No trolley ban, no temps, the place was like a swamp, you could see the greens moving underfoot when you walked on them. Lost 3 balls in the middle of the fairways, landed and disappeared.

Played Southmoor Saturday morning, that course should never have been open.

No trolley ban, no temps, the place was like a swamp, you could see the greens moving underfoot when you walked on them. Lost 3 balls in the middle of the fairways, landed and disappeared.
I think they some of them opened before they should because they were losing too much money.

I think they some of them opened before they should because they were losing too much money.
Aye mate, my cousin is on the committee at Houghton and they’re about 30k down this year from the same time last year!

Still quite a healthy club financially but this year will be a struggle for them and lots of other clubs.

Off to villamoura for 4 nights in a few weeks and still haven't had a round this year, not even been to the range either. ffs

Fucked

Got to say mate, bit perspective needed there, going away and playing golf for 4 days (sounds good to me)

Yet using words like FFS and fucked, I would be using words like get in,and fanastic no matter how much practice I have had:D:D

Anyone played Matfen Hall recently?
Got a round booked tomorrow morning playing Standing Stone and dewlaw courses. Never played Matfen so looking forward to it, hopefully the sun gets out!

Got to say mate, bit perspective needed there, going away and playing golf for 4 days (sounds good to me)

Yet using words like FFS and fucked, I would be using words like get in,and fanastic no matter how much practice I have had:D:D
Well there is that like. But haway ya need a good knock man.
I'll get my arse into gear, George wash at the weekend ;)

Anyone played Matfen Hall recently?
Got a round booked tomorrow morning playing Standing Stone and dewlaw courses. Never played Matfen so looking forward to it, hopefully the sun gets out!
2 year ago....didn't like the course like, the holes over the road I liked but as you come back over not so much , to be honest didn't really rate it.

Back