**** 2017 Golf Thread ****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oooh, you lucky so and so. There's no way I would miss the Sunday though. I'm sure you've realised but the practice on Wednesday is very limited due to the par 3 comp.
Would love to do the Sunday, but stuck between a rock and a hard place re holidays over here and my mate having problems getting time off as it is, not just from the company he works for (and they got him the passes) but form his wife (i'll ask ;)) too. Wednesday is a plan but if we can't get to the course in a good time we'll just go off and have round somewhere and forget the pictures, which would be a shame. TBH going on the Wednesday is really all about getting some pictures and getting our bearings as you can't bring phones or cameras on comp days. Parking is a bit of a mare if you can't get to the course early enough and that might be us, what with the 10/12 hour drive down.

Still chance of a lifetime, just one day at this event would be good enough.

Would love to do the Sunday, but stuck between a rock and a hard place re holidays over here and my mate having problems getting time off as it is, not just from the company he works for (and they got him the passes) but form his wife (i'll ask ;)) too. Wednesday is a plan but if we can't get to the course in a good time we'll just go off and have round somewhere and forget the pictures, which would be a shame. TBH going on the Wednesday is really all about getting some pictures and getting our bearings as you can't bring phones or cameras on comp days. Parking is a bit of a mare if you can't get to the course early enough and that might be us, what with the 10/12 hour drive down.

Still chance of a lifetime, just one day at this event would be good enough.
If you get there a bit late just head down to Hooters and hang out with John Daly. I'm sure that your lass would like to see them pics.

Any recommendations for lesson in north east ie Sunderland Durham area? Need to work on my chipping loads.

Played Houghton around 230 today, had the course almost to myself, hit 11 greens in reg but still shot 85. My putting and chipping is letting me down big style.

First round since end of sept today, ball striking was canny but could I hell putt - on the plus side my shoulder is stiff but no pain

Comp tomorrow afternoon.
Social Sunday morning
Social Friday morning
:cool:
Shot 40 today in the comp. I knew I was last off and thought in with a shout for my division. However to my dismay when I inputted to see see I was fourth and 1st and 2nd hit 45s

Doesn't sound right that mind ... I read somewhere on average that you burn about 750 calories carrying your clubs or 600 if you use a trolley

Hope it's not right I say I burn my pints off round the course first :lol:
My fitbit says I burn around 1150 calories but castle eden is very hilly

Shot 40 today in the comp. I knew I was last off and thought in with a shout for my division. However to my dismay when I inputted to see see I was fourth and 1st and 2nd hit 45s
Ramside was always rife with high scores. This is what happens when it's not a drawn out competition. I played in a 3 ball and refused to sign a card one day as the two lads wanted to do what they liked.

Last edited:
Played Goswick yesterday, it was in mint condition greens were running brilliant. Had a cracking day and played well scored 40 points and that's with two no scores as well.

Due to a no show in our friendly tournament I was playing off 13

Scored 27 points at sharpley with 3 blobs canny chuffed with that tbf

36 points up at heworth today. Decent considering I farted my way round the course after a slurp and a curry last night

Followed this up today with 18 from 9 holes with 1 blob.Very wet today to the point that 9 of the 36 were closed.

Roll on Friday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back