**** 2017 Golf Thread ****

Played today for the first time since september
first 6 holes were shocking then the rest were actually quite good!
The practice green was out of use today and my putting (normally a strength) was poor.
Didnt use a 5 or 6 iron once and just went with the hybrid for everything and was starting to hit it really well.

Here is the problem. I recently moved to yorkshire, and work in a female dominated industry. I want to play golf regularly but dont know how to meet people to play with. Im also REALLY bad as I dont play often

Started with a 4 point birdie in the comp this morning, blobbed the 2nd, 15 points going out and 19 coming back in. was quite hard conditions so pleased with that cos it was blowing a Hoolie. 45 was winning ridiculous like

Finally joined Boldon. First full round today. I'll be happy with anything under 100 :lol:

Played 11 holes on Friday evening. Got 5 pars and f***ing soaked through :confused:

Played seaton Carew on Friday in a really strong wind. They had just ironed the greens before we went out they were lightning fast. Course was in mint condition.

Just about to play Cathedral course now. Been playing canny recently for me. Only one round in last 8 below handicap. That will do me

Played Boldon yesterday and had a gross of 114 :lol::oops: I was hitting the ball so poorly that my right arm started hurting :lol:

I think I'm going to struggle to get back to my 16 handicap at this rate.

Very enjoyable trip round the Old Links today. Played a daft 4ball matchplay game with plenty of piss taking and me and my partner came back from 4 down to half the match. My partner had a putt to win from about five feet but bottled it.

Looking to join up again, bought new irons and had my first round last Friday for 6 months and dropped 13 shots. 4 double bogeys which never help and no birdies.

I think it was tiredness which got me as 3 of them were on the back 9. Had never played the course before although it wasn't hard to be honest.

Expensive here in the South East but got to start again and get a handicap.

Just back from a trip to Scotland played the championship course at Carnoustie, kings and queens at Gleneagles then the castle course at st Andrews.
Greens at Carnoustie were probably the quickest I've ever played on. I loved the castle course and kings was quality as well.

Just back from a trip to Scotland played the championship course at Carnoustie, kings and queens at Gleneagles then the castle course at st Andrews.
Greens at Carnoustie were probably the quickest I've ever played on. I loved the castle course and kings was quality as well.
That's a cracking trip. I've played Carnoustie quite a bit and it's definitely a bit too difficult for me. Also played the Kings and Queens which are lovely courses in a wonderful setting but not played the Castle (or any at St Andrews).

Back