**** 2017 Golf Thread ****

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a superb day followed Rory round from the 10th to the 17th then a few pints watching the par 3 18th from the stand. Went to the 1st to see Willet Kaymer and Wood tee off then followed Sergio Westwood and Noren around for their front 9

Also there's a wheel of fortune which is 10 quid a spin worst prize is a round on the filly course ... my mate won a round on the filly and I won a round on the colt absolute bargain tbh

Beer prices

Moretti in the bar next to the 18th - 5quid

Other bars had - Amstel 5 quid and Heineken £5.30
My mate won a round on the Colt, you don't know if it's a fourball do you mate?

Can't get hold of the useless twat who won it to ask him!

So I do Seahouses, Dunst, Bamburgh, Goswick, what is north of them? any links ones that a not too far?

Aye Dunbar is very good, you've also got Eyemouth which is decent, but more of a cliff top links. Then a bit further along is North Berwick, Gullane, Muirfield etc.

Anyone played Woodhall Spa ? Thoughts ?
@Old Prestonian
I know a few lads that have played Woodall spa and they say it's fantastic. I think one of the courses is in the top 30 in Britain

Aye Dunbar is very good, you've also got Eyemouth which is decent, but more of a cliff top links. Then a bit further along is North Berwick, Gullane, Muirfield etc.

Anyone played Woodhall Spa ? Thoughts ?
@Old Prestonian
Of course, I've played Woodhall Spa. I would describe it as a bigger version of Ganton as the bunkers, heather areas, fairways are all bigger but very similar golfing terrain. It's a bastard to get there but it's well worth the effort.

Playing Middlesbrough GC (Brass Castle) later today in an open. Fantastic course to play not many people heard of it or played it

Of course, I've played Woodhall Spa. I would describe it as a bigger version of Ganton as the bunkers, heather areas, fairways are all bigger but very similar golfing terrain. It's a bastard to get there but it's well worth the effort.
Why ? I have a car.

El Valle 34 points

Was class course some right tricky holes but some even a short hitter like me could score well on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back