2 years today.

Without a drink for me.๐Ÿฅต๐Ÿฅต๐Ÿฅต Hard bloody work but canny chuffed. Wouldn't be here if it wasn't for my wife. What a woman. Love her to bits๐Ÿคฎ:lol: hate all this look at me stuff but for those who understand..you just want to shout it from the rooftops!!. Have a good day everyone and enjoy๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘
I kinda choked up at the bit where you said you wouldn't be here without your wife, well done to the both of you

Absolutely not, it's bloody hard work. I don't need to drink every day but I consider 4 days an achievement. Thankfully I can drink the same amount now before being ill as when I had my very first drink. I guess it's genetic and I'm grateful, else I'd be deep in to alcoholism.
I still have a sensible drink but my days of following the sheep and blasting it with mates have long gone. I sort of miss the nights out but not the after effects.
That is the top and bottom of it mate. She is unbelievable.๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘
Where would we be without "the other one", what they have to live through with us with us is unbelievable.

NB I'm not on a promise :lol:

Last edited:
Without a drink for me.๐Ÿฅต๐Ÿฅต๐Ÿฅต Hard bloody work but canny chuffed. Wouldn't be here if it wasn't for my wife. What a woman. Love her to bits๐Ÿคฎ:lol: hate all this look at me stuff but for those who understand..you just want to shout it from the rooftops!!. Have a good day everyone and enjoy๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘
Bollocks to that. You shout it out as hard as you can mate because your example will provide inspiration & hope to others who are having a hard time of it.
Bloody well done.

Great job !!!

I went from a 6 days a week drinker, binging on weekends, to only maybe once a week, before if it was there, I'd be drinking it, be one of the lads. Now can sit in a bar drinking a diet coke, while others are knocking it back, or 1 glass of wine with a meal and stop, it's a very liberating feeling, life much better without the drink.

Well done

Could you re establish the social aspect of pubs with your friends? Just without the alcohol? Like you donโ€™t have to drink when you go to a bar.

Youโ€™ve done the hard bit already

Bollocks to that. You shout it out as hard as you can mate because your example will provide inspiration & hope to others who are having a hard time of it.
Bloody well done.
Thank you mate. Been canny emotional today for me for whatever reason. But thank you for the kind words from you and everyone else....i am blown away by the response and a bit overwhelmed to be honest mate :oops: ๐Ÿ‘
Well done

Could you re establish the social aspect of pubs with your friends? Just without the alcohol? Like you donโ€™t have to drink when you go to a bar.

Youโ€™ve done the hard bit already
Thanks mate.๐Ÿ‘ it's a very hard one for me that mate. I've been in lubs at away games with my lad since and my wife amd son a few times and it hasn't been a problem at all. With my mates, never done it since. I don't think i would last longer than an hour, not out of temptation, just the awkwardness and boredom tbh mate. I've been out before like i said at events and just couldn't wait to get home out of sheer boredom.
Great job !!!

I went from a 6 days a week drinker, binging on weekends, to only maybe once a week, before if it was there, I'd be drinking it, be one of the lads. Now can sit in a bar drinking a diet coke, while others are knocking it back, or 1 glass of wine with a meal and stop, it's a very liberating feeling, life much better without the drink.
Thnaks mate. Well done๐Ÿ‘ tbh my problems were all drinking at home and hiding all the evidence, never socially. Only went to the local on weekends with the lads.
Absolute fair play.

Regularly manage one day/night off but you can guarantee by the second Iโ€™ll be gagging for a few pints come 8/9pm.

You have to wonder if alcohol was discovered today if it would be made an illegal/prescribed drug given the amount of destruction it can ultimately cause.
Thanks mate๐Ÿ‘ tbh, i don't think it should be illegal at all. Just because i abused it, doesn't mean others shouldn't be able to enjoy themselves and be able to go out and have a drink or got out for a nice meal with a few drinks. I can see exactly where you are coming from, but me personally, it shouldn't be banned.

Last edited:
Thank you mate. Been canny emotional today for me for whatever reason. But thank you for the kind words from you and everyone else....i am blown away by the response and a bit overwhelmed to be honest mate :oops: ๐Ÿ‘

Thanks mate.๐Ÿ‘ it's a very hard one for me that mate. I've been in lubs at away games with my lad since and my wife amd son a few times and it hasn't been a problem at all. With my mates, never done it since. I don't think i would last longer than an hour, not out of temptation, just the awkwardness and boredom tbh mate. I've been out before like i said at events and just couldn't wait to get home out of sheer boredom.

Thnaks mate. Well done๐Ÿ‘ tbh my problems were all drinking at home and hiding all the evidence, never socially. Only went to the local on weekends with the lads.

Thanks mate๐Ÿ‘ tbh, i don't think it should be illegal at all. Just because i abused it, doesn't mean others shouldn't be able to enjoy themselves and be able to go out and have a drink or got out for a nice meal with a few drinks. I can see exactly where you are coming from, but me personally, it shouldn't be banned.

Stay strong stay free of the booze๐Ÿ‘

Knew you would do it. Well done mate ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป

Back