2 years today.

Thanks mate. Nah, i can't touch a drop again mate i been told. Wouldn't even chance it to be honest. That proves i'm in a good place i can say that. I can't out put a finger on what started it off. Family life was absolutely fine. Never drank in house, ever, then started having cans on friday night..then every night...then wanted more and started having about 15-20 minituares whiskys or vodkas a day after i lost my job and company went bust. Just all spiralled. I was due to start a new job 2020..covid put pay to that and that was a massive factor in the drink. Not blaming that at all but it didn't help the timing of covid. That was the worse for my drinking.

Lockdowns, COVID, lack of social life will have put a lot of people, myself included, into a situation where it was very easy to start drinking every day.

Thanks mate. 👍it's all still a bit raw to be honest, even after 2 yrs, i'm sat here at Sunderland Hospital waiting to see my liver nurse. Every 6 month i got to come for bloods etc. Not the best way to be 'celebrating' :lol:
It's not but you've made that step & set an example to others👍

Massive credit to you.
Well done!

And tell your wife how much you love her.
Is this where I say she also deserves a medal. As all partners of those that overdrink do. They're the ones that usualy have to pick up the pieces.

Last edited:
Without a drink for me.🥵🥵🥵 Hard bloody work but canny chuffed. Wouldn't be here if it wasn't for my wife. What a woman. Love her to bits🤮:lol: hate all this look at me stuff but for those who understand..you just want to shout it from the rooftops!!. Have a good day everyone and enjoy👍👍
Well done che .

I stayed off it for about 10 month last year. Life changing but felt alienated .

I’m at the stage where I have 3 or 4 once a week then that’s me wack. I will pack it in full time one day

Well done che .

I stayed off it for about 10 month last year. Life changing but felt alienated .

I’m at the stage where I have 3 or 4 once a week then that’s me wack. I will pack it in full time one day
Thanks mate. Suppose it's different for me mate, as i know i can't have a drink...so it's not a choice i have really to have a drink or not. I know exactly what you mean about feeling alienated. My mates who i grew up with hardly get in touch now or even ask how i'm doing ever since i got out of hospital. Still keep in touch through the lads wattsapp group but that's just about football really. Don't go out anymore with them on a weekend or anything. I couldn't go out anyway for a night out now as i would be absolutely bored shitless without drinking. Been out a couple times to certain events for a night and i absolutely hated it. Just couldn't wait to get home. Nowt to do with temptation of drinking...it was the awkwardness of not having a drink and you can see people looking etc. Hated it.

Thanks mate. Suppose it's different for me mate, as i know i can't have a drink...so it's not a choice i have really to have a drink or not. I know exactly what you mean about feeling alienated. My mates who i grew up with hardly get in touch now or even ask how i'm doing ever since i got out of hospital. Still keep in touch through the lads wattsapp group but that's just about football really. Don't go out anymore with them on a weekend or anything. I couldn't go out anyway for a night out now as i would be absolutely bored shitless without drinking. Been out a couple times to certain events for a night and i absolutely hated it. Just couldn't wait to get home. Nowt to do with temptation of drinking...it was the awkwardness of not having a drink and you can see people looking etc. Hated it.
I’ve went out and drank pop etc on nights out with mates etc. absolutely torture

Back