17 Month old bairn assaulted in Dawdon

OK, here we go. I do. I am not an expert. But its a cushy number for people in there, thats why they dont give a shit about re-offending, Here is an Example. An inmate swears at a prison officer and calls her a crunt, he has his Tv set taken away as a punishment. His response, flood his cell by smashing up his sink and toilet, then a dirty protest.

Its a huge problem, I have no idea how to fix it, they get an easy ride in there, so easy they dont mind going back. Some of them are born into it, fathers and sons, siblings in the same prison. They can study for degrees if they want when they are in.

I overheard one prisoner (and he is one of the few I believe) telling another prisoner he could make £3000 a week profit selling weed. Its too f***ing easy to make that money, everything else seems hard when your punishment is just a slap on the wrist.

A start would be to legalise cannabis and get those dealers off the street (and get some tax income from it)
Thats what that Durham Head Boss was pushing for ..legalise and take the money out...he was admitting they havnt got the cops to deal with the dealers and deal with day to day stuff.

No. It's really not.
Yes it really is.
Seriously what good are these fuckers to society?
We might as well just get rid of the oxygen thieves and save society a lot of future angst.

I would suggest that given enough time and resources, any criminal can be reformed (obviously this does not include crimes committed because of mental illness). It’s all dependent on whether or not the society of the day sees fit to rehabilitate them though.
Why waste the time and resources trying to rehabilitate these animals.
Just get rid.

Last edited by a moderator:
Strange place Dawdon. The streets are dark and close together. Quite oppressive.

My paper round growing up was Dawdon. I delivered there for 5 years.

There are some lovely people who live there... real salt of the earth folk. There are shit loads of scumbags also.
You are right about the streets... It is probably the most intimidating place in Seaham when dark. School street used to be the worst before the rightly ripped it down.

Horrendous what has happened to the baby girl. I hope they get whats coming in inside, and I hope it's prolonged.

Yes it really is.
Seriously what good are these fuckers to society?
We might as well just get rid of the oxygen thieves and save society a lot of future angst.

Why waste the time and resources trying to rehabilitate these animals.
Just get rid.
I didn’t say we should waste the time or resources. I was replying to someone who said that people like that can’t be reformed. All I was saying was that I think anyone can be reformed.

Like I said though, it’s down to the society they live in to decide whether they should be or not.

In this particular case I’d be happy enough for them not to see light of day again.

I didn’t say we should waste the time or resources. I was replying to someone who said that people like that can’t be reformed. All I was saying was that I think anyone can be reformed.

Like I said though, it’s down to the society they live in to decide whether they should be or not.

In this particular case I’d be happy enough for them not to see light of day again.
You think someone that assualts a one year old can be reformed?

You think someone that assualts a one year old can be reformed?
As I’ve already said, I think that given enough time and resources anyone can be reformed. And as you’ve already said, we don’t have the time or resources available.

Personally, when it comes to justice I’m all for retribution and incapacitation.

Once again sadly the break up of " community spirit" and knowing your nieghbours.As you said..back in the day one father would have been told his young un had overstepped the mark and that would have been sorted and nipped in the bud.Nowadays nee one knas their neighbours in a lot of places so the community spirit goes.The pits did cause health problems but created that belonging and caring for your local area and residents.
Thatcher's Britain. We're still living in it.

Why not? Anyone who hurts a child deserves nothing but pain. Absolutely sickening.
Because justice in civilised society isn't supposed to be about visceral anger. No point in going into it here, though; capital punishment as a topic has been done so many times on here, no-one is going to change their mind.

I don't think more violence helps the situation, so I guess I'm a snowflake.

Last edited:

Back