17 Month old bairn assaulted in Dawdon

Status
Not open for further replies.

It's just over the other side of the railway tracks from where I live, absolutely awful like, police been there days, chopper, CSI the lot. Hopefully the ones who have done this get proper jail time and don't come out one way or another.

It's just over the other side of the railway tracks from where I live, absolutely awful like, police been there days, chopper, CSI the lot. Hopefully the ones who have done this get proper jail time and don't come out one way or another.
Aye. My dad was telling me, there’s been a massive police presence. The little un must be in a bad way

I would suggest that given enough time and resources, any criminal can be reformed (obviously this does not include crimes committed because of mental illness). It’s all dependent on whether or not the society of the day sees fit to rehabilitate them though.

Rehabilitation of a prisoner can work whilst they are in prison. At least they can put up a face and say the right things. However, when the person is released they go straight back to the family and friends they left behind and fall straight back into the way they were before. I've seen the same faces return over and over again for the same crimes promising this time they will change.

Rehabilitation of a prisoner can work whilst they are in prison. At least they can put up a face and say the right things. However, when the person is released they go straight back to the family and friends they left behind and fall straight back into the way they were before. I've seen the same faces return over and over again for the same crimes promising this time they will change.

It's a tricky one. Generally I believe in trying rehabilitation but in some cases like this one the crime is that disgusting that I doubt people capable of perpetrating it can ever really be rehabilitated and I'd rather they just stayed away from a society that they'll never positively contribute to. For less serious crimes I can definitely see the benefit of rehabilitation but there's got to be a limit, you hear about people with 30 or 40 convictions and you just think what's the f***ing point of letting them out and letting them cause more misery, quite obviously never going to change

Given me a real sickening feeling in my stomach reading about it. Hopefully the little'un is ok and at the risk of jeopardising my left wing yogurt knitting credentials I hope those twats get what they deserve

Born in Dawdon, it was rough, but nothing like this happened back then, because the vermin involved would have been exterminated, not by me, I was a kid there from the early 60s onwards, but I doubt the majority of the men who worked at the pit would have allowed these scum to walk around.

After 84 a lot of the colliery housing stock was sold to private landlords at very cheap prices, then an influx of social security scroungers, I have no idea where these people are from, but I would think its quite easy to trace the issue back to the ruinous miners strike in 84
Once again sadly the break up of " community spirit" and knowing your nieghbours.As you said..back in the day one father would have been told his young un had overstepped the mark and that would have been sorted and nipped in the bud.Nowadays nee one knas their neighbours in a lot of places so the community spirit goes.The pits did cause health problems but created that belonging and caring for your local area and residents.

I would suggest that given enough time and resources, any criminal can be reformed (obviously this does not include crimes committed because of mental illness). It’s all dependent on whether or not the society of the day sees fit to rehabilitate them though.
That doesn't mean they deserve it.

Maybe some don’t. Doesn’t mean that eventually they wouldn’t be.

Maybe some don’t. Maybe I don’t? All I’m saying is that with enough time and resources reformation is possible.

Nope.

OK, here we go. I do. I am not an expert. But its a cushy number for people in there, thats why they dont give a shit about re-offending, Here is an Example. An inmate swears at a prison officer and calls her a crunt, he has his Tv set taken away as a punishment. His response, flood his cell by smashing up his sink and toilet, then a dirty protest.

Its a huge problem, I have no idea how to fix it, they get an easy ride in there, so easy they dont mind going back. Some of them are born into it, fathers and sons, siblings in the same prison. They can study for degrees if they want when they are in.

I overheard one prisoner (and he is one of the few I believe) telling another prisoner he could make £3000 a week profit selling weed. Its too f***ing easy to make that money, everything else seems hard when your punishment is just a slap on the wrist.

A start would be to legalise cannabis and get those dealers off the street (and get some tax income from it)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back