Status
Not open for further replies.

That's misleading. That's only the numbers from 2020.

It's also not as clear cut as you try and make out because they're based on any entry on the death certificate.
No other underlying causes does not exclude conditions that can be caused by covid leading to death, such as heart failure or cardiac arrhythmias.
It couldn’t be any clearer cut. And I’m not ‘trying to make out‘ anything.
He does appear to have "disappeared" 133,000 dead people. :cool:
Who he? It’s the ONS.
Unfortunately there's millions of people in the country with underlying health conditions.
Who said there wasn’t. Google straw man matey.

Last edited:
"About 15 million people in England have a long-term condition (1). Long-term conditions or chronic diseases are conditions for which there is currently no cure, and which are managed with drugs and other treatment, for example: diabetes, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, arthritis and hypertension."

You're trying to make it's clear cut. It isn't

You said it was the total number of people with underlying causes - it isn't, that's a lie or you're sharing misinformation.
The numbers are obtained from death certificates and are classed as no underlying causes if there isn't anything additional entered in section one or section two.
Section one of the MCCD includes all things leading to death.
Covid is known for causing massive strain on the heart and other organs. If a person with no underlying health condition went to hospital with covid and it affected their heart or kidney, they died, and it was identified on their MCCD they would not be included in the no underlying causes.

Last edited:
As ever with these type of threads, this is absurd. A meaningless statistic.

It becomes a bit more meaningful if it’s provided with some context of what percentage of the nation’s population has an underlying health condition. I’d hazard a guess that that’d be quite high. A good percentage of the population will be deemed as being clinically obese or have diagnoses of conditions such as asthma, diabetes or epilepsy; all manageable health conditions that people can live with and have active lifestyles with until very old age.

You're trying to make it's clear cut. It isn't

You said it was the total number of people with underlying causes - it isn't, that's a lie or you're sharing misinformation.
The numbers are obtained from death certificates and are classed as no underlying causes if there isn't anything additional entered in section one or section two.
Section one of the MCCD includes all things leading to death.
Covid is known for causing massive strain on the heart. If a persons with no underlying health condition went to hospital with covid and it affected their heart, they died, and it was identified on their MCCD they would not be included in the no underlying causes.
It is clear cut. It couldn’t be any ‘clearer cut’ Do u no speekee Dee eenglish? *I’m* not saying anything. I’m simply quoting ONS figures. I’m not lying, I’m quoting ONS. I don’t know why ur spouting this nonsense , methinks ur defensiveness & ‘crassness’, to coin a phrase popliar on this thread, indicates u have an axe to grind.
Hoy up a link then. :cool:
What u on about? I’ve done better than a link. I’ve posted what they said.

That would mean cancer kills 1.5m a year which is 3x times the total deaths a year. Are people coming back from the dead?

Just because someone has diabetes or a dicky ticker doesn't mean covid hasn't killed them
reminds me of the whole Aids thing, Aids never killed anyone it caused other illness to do the damage, So dying from a cold with Aids is a way to explain it. without the Aids the person likely wouldn't have died from a cold.

indicates u have an axe to grind.
Just with idiots and crap internet characters sharing bullshit
As ever with these type of threads, this is absurd. A meaningless statistic.

It becomes a bit more meaningful if it’s provided with some context of what percentage of the nation’s population has an underlying health condition. I’d hazard a guess that that’d be quite high. A good percentage of the population will be deemed as being clinically obese or have diagnoses of conditions such as asthma, diabetes or epilepsy; all manageable health conditions that people can live with and have active lifestyles with until very old age.
True. It'd also help if the OP understood that the stat is about underlying causes, not pre existing conditions. There's a subtle but significant difference.

Last edited:
Just with idiots and crap internet characters sharing bullshit
That would mean cancer kills 1.5m a year which is 3x times the total deaths a year. Are people coming back from the dead?

Just because someone has diabetes or a dicky ticker doesn't mean covid hasn't killed them
Maths not ur strong point?
But put the link up anyway. Otherwise some people might think you're just re-posting shite from your denier Facey group. (Not me of course. Naturally I'll take your word for it. :cool:)
Look, if u want to think ONS figures are some sort of conspiracy then go right ahead. By the way ‘denier’ is so passé...

Last edited:
Maths not ur strong point?

Look, if u want to think ONS figures are some sort of conspiracy then go right ahead. By the way ‘denier’ is so passé...

Between March 2020 & March 2021 roughly 150k died from covid (give or take)

150k x 10 = 1.5m
500k die each year = 1.5m/3

So what's clear cut?

Clear cut
Your first post is incorrect and misinformed at best, at worst a lie.
No underlying causes does not include people who were otherwise healthy before catching covid but had been clinically coded with other illnesses as a direct result of the illness, like hypertension, myocarditis or renal problems.

Probably, but not clear cut.
You've shared this for some reason and messed up.

Definitely not clear cut
Whatever you're on about when you say "it's clear cut"

"Liar" is so overused though don't you think?
Incorrectly used that’s for sure.
So what's clear cut?

Clear cut
Your first post is incorrect and misinformed at best, at worst a lie.
No underlying causes does not include people who were otherwise healthy before catching covid but had been clinically coded with other illnesses as a direct result of the illness, like hypertension, myocarditis or renal problems.

Probably, but not clear cut.
You've shared this for some reason and messed up.

Definitely not clear cut
Whatever you're on about when you say "it's clear cut"
Dearie me. Look, if u want to believe ONS figures are a lie then go right ahead. That clear cut enough for u?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back