Status
Not open for further replies.

Floyd

Winger
UK Office for National Statistics @ONS Freedom of Information request:

TOTAL deaths in England & Wales from COVID-19 with NO OTHER UNDERLYING CAUSES

I would love to see the criteria of what is a 'underlying health condition'

Fill yer boots.
I’m not being crass. Don’t put words into my mouth. That’s a bit crass don’t u think?

It’s quite simple.
Putting words in your mouth isn’t crass, no.

Go on then, explain your thoughts behind posting this thread. What does that information tell you?

Incidentally, people always think it’s really clever to make these FOI requests and thing they’ve uncovered something with the response even tho the data is publicly available anyway. :lol:

Last edited:
Uv gotta funny definition of crass. The information speaks for itself, can’t u read? A disease has killed Around a tenth of the annual cancer deaths

UK Office for National Statistics @ONS Freedom of Information request:

TOTAL deaths in England & Wales from COVID-19 with NO OTHER UNDERLYING CAUSES

That's misleading. That's only the numbers from 2020.

It's also not as clear cut as you try and make out because they're based on any entry on the death certificate.
No other underlying causes does not exclude conditions that can be caused by covid leading to death, such as heart failure or cardiac arrhythmias.

There’s been so much hysteria over the past two years that people have forgotten how rare it is for a healthy person under the age of 80 to be seriously affected by this virus. People get touchy when you point that out too, it’s odd.
thought it was over 65 that had higher risk and numbers of deaths?

Anyway, I agree to a point, flu is a known killer, in children and in older / at risk people but we didn't have the same Hysteria in 2017-2018, I blame the media myself, covid was a problem, you can debate on how well we managed the problem, but the scenes from around the world did cause concern rightly so, it was horrible but somewhere along the line common sense was lost and click bait hysteria kicked in.

thought it was over 65 that had higher risk and numbers of deaths?

Anyway, I agree to a point, flu is a known killer, in children and in older / at risk people but we didn't have the same Hysteria in 2017-2018, I blame the media myself, covid was a problem, you can debate on how well we managed the problem, but the scenes from around the world did cause concern rightly so, it was horrible but somewhere along the line common sense was lost and click bait hysteria kicked in.
It’s widely accepted covid is far more transmissible than flu, there had to be restrictions or we would’ve been in a bigger mess than we are now.
Why would you even think he is suggesting that?
There’s a definite ‘I’m alright Jack’ subtext going on with his post.

Last edited:
It’s widely accepted covid is far more transmissible than flu, there had to be restrictions or we would’ve been in a bigger mess than we are now.

There’s a definite ‘I’m alright Jack’ subtext going on with his post.
what has the transmissible effect of different illness have with regards my point of media mass hysteria?

in 2017-2018 winter period there was over 50000 excess deaths, with a large part being flu like illnesses, to the point the NHS was struggling to cope, it was effecting woman much more than men too, we had reporting on the problem, a few click bait headlines but in general was no mass hysteria.

with covid we have seen mass Hysteria on a scale i cant remember ever happening, maybe the fear around Aids? Its been crazy from both sides of the fence and to be honest driven by stats that most people including myself just dont understand fully, daily cases - death totals which did a job to get the message across before vaccines to convince us of the right thing to do, now imo are more of a hindrance.

Uv gotta funny definition of crass. The information speaks for itself, can’t u read? A disease has killed Around a tenth of the annual cancer deaths
The only reason a lot of people die of cancer is because medicine and public health have largely controlled mortality due to infectious disease in high income countries at least. Without that a lot of people won’t live long enough to get cancer. The pandemic is a reminder we need to maintain investment in controlling infectious disease.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back