15 Minute Cities etc

Why did you think I only wanted to reduce polution?
I told you in post #89 "Reduce the number of flights to reduce pollution and global warming".
Are you just trying (and failing) to be a pedantic smartarse?

That's the trouble, there's no real desire to reduce pollution and protect the planet. People like yourself like to virtue signal about the subject, but are reduced to screeching "racists" of someone asks you to cut down on your 4 or 5 foreign holidays a year. That's the Woke for ya.
Legendary!

apparently.

Apparently

I saw something earlier saying

Well, you can't argue with facts and evidence like that.

Would people with Time Blindness be exempt?

Surely it's unfair as 15 minute cities depend on how quick you can walk about. So, I dunno, the next Captain Tom should get 40 minutes but if Usain Bolt comes round for tea he only has five minutes to get home. But what if he sprains his ankle on the way, trying to dodge some time-blind dawdler? How do you apply for emergency time to compensate that? This is all looking very difficult, and I'm not sure the Illuminati have thought all this through.

Not sure if many have heard the term or what alot of people are talking about in the background.

Basically the governments around the World want to control our freedom (s).
It's all in the name of climate change apparently.

So they want everyone to have every convenience close to your house within 15mins.

Currency will be digital.

They don't want you to travel.

Apparently this is to be completed by 2030.

I saw something earlier saying the Airport system that went down was deliberately done on one of the busiest weeks of the year to get people thinking do I want the hassle of flying again?
Additionally they're making it harder to fly from regional airports with drop off rules & fines.

I'm wondering what everyone's thinking but everything that is happening is leaning towards this & I don't want this life!!
6 month since this thread was started , hopefully the OP has had some help in the psychological department.

Not sure if many have heard the term or what alot of people are talking about in the background.

Basically the governments around the World want to control our freedom (s).
It's all in the name of climate change apparently.

So they want everyone to have every convenience close to your house within 15mins.

Currency will be digital.

They don't want you to travel.

Apparently this is to be completed by 2030.

I saw something earlier saying the Airport system that went down was deliberately done on one of the busiest weeks of the year to get people thinking do I want the hassle of flying again?
Additionally they're making it harder to fly from regional airports with drop off rules & fines.

I'm wondering what everyone's thinking but everything that is happening is leaning towards this & I don't want this life!!
I can’t get to the nearest supermarket in 15 mins never mind city

Went there last year, Bratislava definitely fits this category. Lovely little place but I literally walked from my digs to the river in about 10mins

Already at it in Oxfordshire.

The UN Agenda 2030 is being implemented by councils around the world, including the uk. Every local authority has to have an Agenda 2030 plan - https://www.sunderland.gov.uk/media...76_HEALTHY_CITY_PLAN_2021.pdf?m=1622820538940

the problem with all of this is that no one trusts the UN, WHO et al and you can interpret their plans any way you want to.

It's like the craic with digital currency. In theory if it is introduced the Government can, if it wants, use it for all sorts of purposes that you wouldn't like.

TBH with so much mistrust of the tories and UK Govt in particular I'm surprised that so many people are so trusting in these people.

Has anyone told Northern Rail this 15 minute carry on? I defo think Air trsvel is being priced out for a lot of people, or at least airlines taking the p1ss. I can understand the sentiment as travel is do expensive now, but thats more to fo with companies high profit targets.

I trust the UN and WHO a lot more than the Tories, or the conspiracy theorists who seem to have such a problem with them. Why would you choose to tar them with the same brush? Or be against sustainable, liveable, safe and pleasant communities? It's barmy.
As you are aware no doubt - how things are sold and how this can be manipulated - are two entirely different things.

On the face of it everyone wants change for the better, but accepting climate change, and then being taxed for the pleasure (give the govt money and they will change the weather? Since when?) or introducing a carbon limit on people (seen your latest credit card online account recently?), stopping them buying what they want - is the thin end.

Be interesting too see how this one develops.

FWIW I'd trust the WEF, UN and the WHO as far as I could throw them. Same with lobbyists, politicians, the ultra wealthy et al. Be interesting too see if the Labour Party, when they win the next GE, are any different to the Tories.
Has anyone told Northern Rail this 15 minute carry on? I defo think Air trsvel is being priced out for a lot of people, or at least airlines taking the p1ss. I can understand the sentiment as travel is do expensive now, but thats more to fo with companies high profit targets.
It is and government incompetence.

Talk to people who voted to leave the EU and some of them also wondered what the country would be like if our politicians were free to run the country themselves. As we have seen they are absolutely hopeless at running the country themselves. The Tories have been absolutely inept. One of the reasons is that they are influenced by lobbyists and co who couldn't give a shit about us and simply want what's best for a minority eg their company etc.

Last edited:
As you are aware no doubt - how things are sold and how this can be manipulated - are two entirely different things.

On the face of it everyone wants change for the better, but accepting climate change, and then being taxed for the pleasure (give the govt money and they will change the weather? Since when?) or introducing a carbon limit on people (seen your latest credit card online account recently?), stopping them buying what they want - is the thin end.

FWIW I'd trust the WEF, UN and the WHO as far as I could throw them. Same with lobbyists, politicians, the ultra wealthy et al. Be interesting too see if the Labour Party, when they win the next GE, are any different to the Tories.

Talk to people who voted to leave the EU and some of them also wondered what the country would be like if our politicians were free to run the country themselves. As we have seen they are absolutely hopeless at running the country themselves. The Tories have been absolutely inept. One of the reasons is that they are influenced by lobbyists and co who couldn't give a shit about us and simply want what's best for a minority eg their company etc.
You're mixing up truths (eg about the Tories being incompetent, and Brexit being a disaster) with fantasies (eg about climate change, which is both real and must be tackled by governments, big business and frankly all of us, if we want to survive much longer).

One thing being true doesn't make the other true, just cos you put them together in the same narrative.

Last edited:
Sounds brilliant to me. Imagine not needing a car and everything you could want being within 15 mins walk of your house... Work, shops, gym, cafes, pubs, parks... What's not to like

Hope I don't get stuck in the same one as Apache
When people talk about the line in Saudi Arabia like it’s a bad thing. I would love to retire there. Seems perfect

Well mate you talk about agenda 2030, WEF, the UN etc.. presumably based on things you've read on twitter or YouTube from conspiracy theorists. However your final sentence actually has truth to it because the people with all the power on this planet are the wealthy and those with vested interests in oil and gas.

In relation to 2030, quite the opposite from this secret world of collaborators that we hear so much about (without a shred of evidence anywhere) introducing personal carbon taxes, it would appear by 2030 oil gas production is set to quadruple according to some reports which will play havoc with the climate of the future

The council painted the speed limits on the roads around our estate.

One of the local reform loons was losing their shit on facebook saying how sunderland council were starting with their 15 minute city agenda and getting ready to place us under a climate lock down.

I was surprised it is 20mph tbh I always thought it was a 10mph speed limit in recidential areas with street lights.

Back