15 Minute Cities etc

Does this tie into the WHO/WEF/Covid/Cashless Conspiracies?

In that, COVID was fake to stop us travelling, brought in more cashless transactions so we can be controlled and monitored?

Climate change is fake, but actions that are taken in the name of preventing it, are there to restrict and control our movements?

This is all been done by the New World Order, hidden behind the WHO and WEF?

Is that how this is going down?
Nailed it. You’ve obviously done your own research 👍

So the wealthy can continue to fly but those on limited incomes can't have a holiday in the sun. That's going to be popular...
That'll be the way they go, but it'll be the poor that it hits. Be fairer just to limit numbers.

At the end of the day, if you restrict supply then the price will go up, even if you don't tax them.

Really cheap European air travel wasn't a thing until just over 20 years ago. It's something we just take for granted now.

How many times a year do they fly here? They can use their allocated flights surely?

As I said above, any system would have to be globally enforced. I can't see the US or Australia imposing a flight quota on their citizens as their economies would grind to a halt.. Besides, not all flights are equal. Are you wanting to limit the number of flights or total distance? What about air cargo?

Another dimwit Climate Change denier

I've been called many things on here, but that's a new one. For the avoidance of doubt, climate change is real. Stopping people from flying to Ibiza isn't going to stop it. The answer, which is already happening, is to make air transport greener with more efficient planes and cleaner fuels.

Really cheap European air travel wasn't a thing until just over 20 years ago. It's something we just take for granted now.
Its gone now
Used to be able to pop to Spain for £25 each way. Last 2 years we've not been able to get under £100 each way. And for next year, its £140.

Its gone now
Used to be able to pop to Spain for £25 each way. Last 2 years we've not been able to get under £100 each way. And for next year, its £140.
That's still pretty cheap.

Easyjet from Gatwick less than £50 each way for next summer, less £30 off season.

At the end of the day, if you restrict supply then the price will go up, even if you don't tax them.

Your restricting demand though, not supply.
As I said above, any system would have to be globally enforced. I can't see the US or Australia imposing a flight quota on their citizens as their economies would grind to a halt.. Besides, not all flights are equal. Are you wanting to limit the number of flights or total distance? What about air cargo?

I've been called many things on here, but that's a new one. For the avoidance of doubt, climate change is real. Stopping people from flying to Ibiza isn't going to stop it. The answer, which is already happening, is to make air transport greener with more efficient planes and cleaner fuels.
I'm not in charge of implementing it. Was just an idea. I'd certainly take distance into consideration. Perhaps you'd be given a certain CO2 allowance.

Cutting down on all the flights would help though, especially given the number of flights are rapidly increasing all the time.

What do you do in the meantime until this green fuel is discovered?

Last edited:
Your restricting demand though, not supply.

I'm not in charge of implementing it. Was just an idea. I'd certainly take distance into consideration. Perhaps you'd be given a certain CO2 allowance.

Cutting down on all the flights would help though, especially given the number of flights are rapidly increasing all the time.

What do you do in the meantime until this green fuel is discovered?

I thought you wanted to reduce pollution. CO2 isn't a pollutant. Yes, it has climate consequentials but it has zero affect on air quality around airports.

There are a number of biofuels in development which reduce CO2 and are cleaner than dead dinosaur juice. More could also be done in carbon offsetting and capture.

I thought you wanted to reduce pollution. CO2 isn't a pollutant. Yes, it has climate consequentials but it has zero affect on air quality around airports.

There are a number of biofuels in development which reduce CO2 and are cleaner than dead dinosaur juice. More could also be done in carbon offsetting and capture.
Why did you think I only wanted to reduce polution?
I told you in post #89 "Reduce the number of flights to reduce pollution and global warming".
Are you just trying (and failing) to be a pedantic smartarse?

That's the trouble, there's no real desire to reduce pollution and protect the planet. People like yourself like to virtue signal about the subject, but are reduced to screeching "racists" of someone asks you to cut down on your 4 or 5 foreign holidays a year. That's the Woke for ya.

I told you in post #89 "Reduce the number of flights to reduce pollution and global warming".

That's the trouble, there's no real desire to reduce pollution and protect the planet. People like yourself like to virtue signal about the subject, but are reduced to screeching "racists" of someone asks you to cut down on your 4 or 5 foreign holidays a year. That's the Woke for ya.

Why do you always exaggerate for hysterical effect? Absolutely no way does the average family take 5 foreign holidays a year.

People who fly regularly are "Woke"? Well, that's a new defintion.

Why do you always exaggerate for hysterical effect? Absolutely no way does the average family take 5 foreign holidays a year.
They'll be fine then. What you whinging about.

There'll be loads who go abroad 4-5 times a year.
A Christmas break to Eastern Europe,
Hen do in Portugal the spring
Off to Mexico in the Summer,
A weekend in Barcelona.

Loads of people do that sort of thing and more. How the hell is that exagerating? And why are you so desperate to play it down?

Its gone now
Booked Milan return to take the boy to the match for his birthday - 110euro return for 3 of us

They'll be fine then. What you whinging about.

There'll be loads who go abroad 4-5 times a year.
A Christmas break to Eastern Europe,
Hen do in Portugal the spring
Off to Mexico in the Summer,
A weekend in Barcelona.

Loads of people do that sort of thing and more. How the hell is that exagerating? And why are you so desperate to play it down?

The average person makes 2.5 flights a year on average, and 70% of flights are made by about 15% of the population.

Last edited:
People who fly regularly are "Woke"? Well, that's a new defintion.
Who said that?

Is that a deliberately misquote, or do you just not read what's written?
The average person makes 2.5 flights a year on average, and 70% of flights are made by about 15% of the population.
Have you not just made my point for me then? The majority of aeroplane emissions are by a small minority that take too many flights?

Last edited:

Ive flown 20 odd times this year - my job depends on it so how does your plan work for me?

Back