13th July corona deaths uk

Status
Not open for further replies.

You are ignoring the fact that there have been more tests this week, again. You just want it to be bad for some reason.
If you take into account the higher tests processed it’s still a higher proportion of people who’ve been tested that have came back positive than last week.

The other big thing is we are getting better at treating this horrible thing . I was listening to a Dr today saying that we are now getting much better outcomes then at the beginning. Still bad but people are now recovering where in March they would have been fatalities.
That's what I was going to comment on - the increase in cases does not necessarily mean there will be an upsurge in deaths in 3-4 weeks time as not all those cases will be serious plus treatments have now improved greatly since this began,

What am I missing mate? I know cases are through the roof in the US, my point is the death:cases ratio seems to have dropped there.
Cases only began to spike in mid to late June. Deaths from this take 4 weeks on average. We are only now approaching 4 weeks from cases beginning to spike and now deaths are spiking too. It’s pretty simple really.

I really don't think we're as daft as the yanks from what I've seen and hope we can trundle along like elsewhere in Europe with 500 to 700 cases a day and no huge spikes. Everyone I know (in the much maligned 20-35 group), is still being careful. Time will tell though

You are ignoring the fact that there have been more tests this week, again. You just want it to be bad for some reason.

It's still an increase, 0.004% positive cases in total tests last Monday v 0.006% this week. f***ing minuscule like and probably won't mean that much in the grand scheme of things given last weeks overall total being 0.005%.

Jesus Christ.

We get the lowest reported numbers since this began and still some people won't be happy until we're all walking around in abject misery beneath our own personal Sword of Damocles waiting for Death to claim us.

Ffs - allow us some optimism.
:lol: ffs man

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back