13th July corona deaths uk

The UK's coronavirus hospital death toll has increased by 12 - the lowest single-day rise for four months.

England reported 11 new deaths and Northern Ireland reported one death.

Scotland had no new Covid-19 deaths for the fifth consecutive day, while Wales had none for the fourth straight day.
I can’t like the fact that 12 life's have been lost but am getting the feeling that we are starting to get some sort of control back over the virus

15 in total last Monday IIRC, hopefully today's sticks on 12.
Unlikely but don't focus too much on the daily amounts. Even if they report 100 deaths today, it's likely most of them are back dated. There was a massive spike on Saturday but pretty sure most of those were backdated

Unlikely but don't focus too much on the daily amounts. Even if they report 100 deaths today, it's likely most of them are back dated. There was a massive spike on Saturday but pretty sure most of those were backdated
Surely that'll mean that some who died yesterday won't be reported for weeks.
I'll keep on going off the reported figures.

Surely that'll mean that some who died yesterday won't be reported for weeks.
I'll keep on going off the reported figures.
Well yes, but that's the problem with the way figures are reported. It's completely inconsistent. The only thing to look at are the 7 day trends as an indication of where we are at. Sun and Mon are always low because deaths on Sat and Sun often aren't reported until later in the week.

FWIW I think the main focus should be on new cases now as the deaths are now (apparently) within the "normal" level for the UK

Well yes, but that's the problem with the way figures are reported. It's completely inconsistent. The only thing to look at are the 7 day trends as an indication of where we are at. Sun and Mon are always low because deaths on Sat and Sun often aren't reported until later in the week.

FWIW I think the main focus should be on new cases now as the deaths are now (apparently) within the "normal" level for the UK

Or even hospital admissions.

Not UK related but New York has recorded its first day without a C19 death since March

Staggering to think just a couple of months ago 800 people were dying in NY.
Looking like herd immunity has been established in some neighbourhoods. I didn’t appreciate the extent to which their health system became overwhelmed, they and New Jersey are on top of it along with some other New England states, less said about the rest of the country.

Looking like herd immunity has been established in some neighbourhoods. I didn’t appreciate the extent to which their health system became overwhelmed, they and New Jersey are on top of it along with some other New England states, less said about the rest of the country.

It was frightening how bad it got. The scenes of hundreds of coffins in unmarked graves was something I never thought I'd see.

It was frightening how bad it got. The scenes of hundreds of coffins in unmarked graves was something I never thought I'd see.
This was seldom reported on by the media here though whereas we got extensive coverage of what was going on in Bergamo. Perhaps scenes of overcrowded hospitals and mass deaths just became the norm .....

Agree with this and even then looking day to day at the rolling 7 average is prone to the vagaries of the delays in reporting. Look at the rolling 7 on a weekly basis. The trend is still downward although slowing somewhat. In terms of weekly totals in the last week 594 (obviously tragically) died. The previous week was 661 and 928 the week before that. For perspective the worst 7 days saw 6,601 lose their life.

Back