11th June Stats

The real test of this variant is in 4-6 weeks when this high case rate has had time for people to go through the cycle. Which is why we should delay “Freedom day” for 4-6 weeks

I disagree.

The the death rate is 8-9x lower two weeks after the identical infection rate.

After 4 weeks the death rate is 35 - so still twice what it is now.

CV19 is with us for years to come and every couple of months there will be new variants and new flair ups.

Deaths are not really increasing (stop using percentages) and how many of those are CV19 is the cause of death. Numbers in hospital are not significantly increasing. Both of these are showing the vaccine is working, it will never fully protect us and we must learn to live with it and this includes getting back to normal.

I have a feeling the Indian govt were a bit selective with their figures. Had we known the truth surely flights would have been stopped earlier.
Bollocks, they were reporting a massive spike in figures on the 9th April when we hoyed pakistan on the red list. We weren’t clutching at straws getting a feeble trade deal with Pakistan though were we. We hoyed India on the red list on the 23rd when they were nearing their peak cases. The horse had fuckîng bolted and died of old age by then. 100% criminal government fuckwittery.

Almost past caring. Given up on the 21st. Satisfied with things staying as they are as there is nothing anyone can do about it. Only hope we don't return to pre May restrictions.

I hope you are in the minority. I'm not satisfied with anything other than total freedom. We can't really do anything about what's happening around the world, fair enough, but being under restrictions for all this time, doing what has been asked for 18 months and then not being given freedom back because the media are stirring the shite, people are petrified and the scientists want zero covid, even though there's hardly anyone dying off it, just isn't good enough

There's supposed to be gigs and festivals this year, full sports grounds, weddings, parties, things that make life worth living . I hope people kick right off if it goes past this summer. We need to be given the right to decide for ourselves eventually. If your scared of it, then restrict yourself.

I'm not satisfied at all with how things are now

I hope you are in the minority. I'm not satisfied with anything other than total freedom. We can't really do anything about what's happening around the world, fair enough, but being under restrictions for all this time, doing what has been asked for 18 months and then not being given freedom back because the media are stirring the shite, people are petrified and the scientists want zero covid, even though there's hardly anyone dying off it, just isn't good enough

There's supposed to be gigs and festivals this year, full sports grounds, weddings, parties, things that make life worth living . I hope people kick right off if it goes past this summer. We need to be given the right to decide for ourselves eventually. If your scared of it, then restrict yourself.

I'm forcing myself to be satisfied. Being pissed off about it isn't going to change anything other than feeling agitated and pissed off.

The vaccine is good and it works but it's not a live forever potion.
I'm honestly starting to think that some people believe that once you've had both jabs you're immortal.

Age, frailty and overall general health will still be a huge factor in many of these deaths.
i think that's why portugal was taken off the green list. he and the government were absolutely sackless in not acting with india more quickly and i think it was in their minds about this 'nepal' variant that was supposed to have been discovered in some cases in portugal.
Not been much mention of that since they used it as part of the excuse to remove Portugal from the 'green list'.

Almost like it was a convenient 'straw man' to frighten people further......
people are petrified
Some people are petrified....

They are usually the ones making the most noise.

Last edited:
Going backwards isnt an option like. Horrific if it happens
That is a bit of an elephant in the room. Most things are open now so I don't think June 21st would make a huge difference anyway, but with cases going up fast and now the early signs of hospital numbers creeping up, if deaths start to follow too then we are in similar territory to last October when there was calls for lockdown. Nobody wants to be the first to say it and at the moment the statistics don't back up the idea of going backwards, but there is that fear creeping in that they could in another 3 weeks time.

CV19 is with us for years to come and every couple of months there will be new variants and new flair ups.

Deaths are not really increasing (stop using percentages) and how many of those are CV19 is the cause of death. Numbers in hospital are not significantly increasing. Both of these are showing the vaccine is working, it will never fully protect us and we must learn to live with it and this includes getting back to normal.
It’s only 10.9% increase week on week today.

Spot on mate
That is a bit of an elephant in the room. Most things are open now so I don't think June 21st would make a huge difference anyway, but with cases going up fast and now the early signs of hospital numbers creeping up, if deaths start to follow too then we are in similar territory to last October when there was calls for lockdown. Nobody wants to be the first to say it and at the moment the statistics don't back up the idea of going backwards, but there is that fear creeping in that they could in another 3 weeks time.
Which then makes a total mockery of everything we have done in the last 16 months or so. It would then prove there is no point in taking the vaccine

Last edited:
Can we get some disclosure on who the fuck is needing hospitalisation and who the fuck is dying so we can get some rationale on who is still dying and why?

I hope those whole thing doesnt go tits up but i’m wondering why and how we have the same number of people dying now as did this time last year without a vaccine????

Can we get some disclosure on who the fuck is needing hospitalisation and who the fuck is dying so we can get some rationale on who is still dying and why?

I hope those whole thing doesnt go tits up but i’m wondering why and how we have the same number of people dying now as did this time last year without a vaccine????
Based on average case numbers over recent weeks there would have been over 250 deaths a day now, instead there's an average of 8. That's because the vaccines work really well.

I have a feeling the Indian govt were a bit selective with their figures. Had we known the truth surely flights would have been stopped earlier.
The government had the figures, Hancock had the figures, when presented with the figures, the ONS/government figures showing India vs Bangladesh and Pakistan, who went on the red list had lower numbers than India, he said “I don’t recognise those figures”
Lie after lie after lie from this government

The government had the figures, Hancock had the figures, when presented with the figures, the ONS/government figures showing India vs Bangladesh and Pakistan, who went on the red list had lower numbers than India, he said “I don’t recognise those figures”
Lie after lie after lie from this government
I don’t disagree but I suspect there were more lies from the Indian Govt than ours on this one.

I don’t disagree but I suspect there were more lies from the Indian Govt than ours on this one.
I’m not convinced on that one, or sure of your point.
Because, the pictures from India were clear to see, so I’m not sure how the Indian government could lie about the devastation it was causing.
And, for me, the only proven liar is ”sorry I don’t recognise those numbers” Hancock, when they are his numbers,

I’m not convinced on that one, or sure of your point.
Because, the pictures from India were clear to see, so I’m not sure how the Indian government could lie about the devastation it was causing.
And, for me, the only proven liar is ”sorry I don’t recognise those numbers” Hancock, when they are his numbers,
When Covid first hit I feared for India and was surprised at how low their figures apparently were. They were low when ours were not.
Given their logistics I suspected their figures were being manipulated from the start. I still do. They were being manipulated until they needed help. If they had been honest about the figures from the start( and they are not the only country guilty of that) maybe this could have been averted.

When Covid first hit I feared for India and was surprised at how low their figures apparently were. They were low when ours were not.
Given their logistics I suspected their figures were being manipulated from the start. I still do. They were being manipulated until they needed help. If they had been honest about the figures from the start( and they are not the only country guilty of that) maybe this could have been averted.

Let’s face it India is one of those countries that does not have an effective disciplined death registration, I don’t think they are falsely reporting anything they just don’t have data that is anywhere near complete

1,785 were fully vaccinated and *still* got infected (6.2% of cases)
We’ve always known that would be the case. The whole point of the vaccine is that when you get the virus the body knows how to fight it. If only 12 of those ended up dying then that bodes extremely well.

Back