11th June Stats

Does the fact that those fully vaccinated are not going to hospital not prove the vaccines are working? People seem to be under this impression that because a lot of people have had a first vaccine it is all over. The reason we are still getting problems is that less than a third of the population have been fully vaccinated and past the 21 day period. When the vast majority are done, it will look a hell of a lot better.

Good post. I know people are upset, but the conspiracy-style posts I’ve seen on here tonight are somewhat depressing. It’s not that surprising really. This is a combination of slack borders and a useless quarantine system, massive chunks of the population not being fully protected and a Prime Minister who is terrified of having to reimpose restrictions. It was all completely preventable if the Government had been better prepared.

I run a small studio...have been recording for a week. Musicians in the studio, breaks in the garden, mates going crazy with the dogs. Yep, I really do feel your pain, and worse if you perform. I live in the Herefordshire hills, so nobody to break up the party. I sincerely hope you'll have the same soon...if not, just take it 👍
Unfortunately I’m involved in touring, so that’s not happening atm. I have actually just secured 2 weeks work in the USA at the end of the month. Only because I have a green card and their regular tech who is English can’t fly there! Take the vaccine? Got both jabs.
Good post. I know people are upset, but the conspiracy-style posts I’ve seen on here tonight are somewhat depressing. It’s not that surprising really. This is a combination of slack borders and a useless quarantine system, massive chunks of the population not being fully protected and a Prime Minister who is terrified of having to reimpose restrictions. It was all completely preventable if the Government had been better prepared.
When you see how incompetent this and other countries governments are, some of the conspiracy theories are laughable and completely ridiculous!

He doesn't need to be terrified, he just needs to open up fully.

I run a small studio...have been recording for a week. Musicians in the studio, breaks in the garden, mates going crazy with the dogs. Yep, I really do feel your pain, and worse if you perform. I live in the Herefordshire hills, so nobody to break up the party. I sincerely hope you'll have the same soon...if not, just take it 👍

Do you know Tom Newman?

Does the fact that those fully vaccinated are not going to hospital not prove the vaccines are working? People seem to be under this impression that because a lot of people have had a first vaccine it is all over. The reason we are still getting problems is that less than a third of the population have been fully vaccinated and past the 21 day period. When the vast majority are done, it will look a hell of a lot better.
I was replying to some poster who stated we could end up back where we were in October.
I stated that if we did that then surely all the people taking the vaccines has been a waste of time.

Cases are definitely going up exponentially. But the week on week figure for today is less than last couple so does appear to be a slow down
Cases are rising steadily (although today's numbers are lower than yesterday), but not exponentially.

Exponentially suggests bigger and bigger increases each day, and that's not happening.

definition of exponential: of an increase becoming more and more rapid.

Cases are rising steadily (although today's numbers are lower than yesterday), but not exponentially.

Exponentially suggests bigger and bigger increases each day, and that's not happening.

definition of exponential: of an increase becoming more and more rapid.

Exponential is a straight line graph on a logarithmic scale. The 7 day average is showing this.

It doesn't have to be each day (due to reporting it wont be consistant). The 7 day average has been doubling in about a fortnight over last couple of weeks.

Back