€2m + Diakite for Alonso

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I the only one who thinks Alonso isn't that good? Saying that, even average fullbacks are hard to come by - hence why we've had Bardsley for so long.

Young enough to get better, already good going forward and a bit better defensively than he's given credit for. Established as part of the squad and and available for transfer. It's a no brainer it really is. We'd be mad not to sign him.

As for the swap with Diakite then I think the deal probably should be more like Diakite and a million quid but I wouldn't quibble over a relatively small amount.

a think people need to realise who we are Alonso is a decent fullback
the next level player up is the likes of your danny rose etc

I think the lad is a very good player, will be even better next season. His Achilles heal is pace but as you say if he had that too he would be at a sky club or similar abroad

sounds like a canny deal, make it so Gus / Ellis :D

Best left back we've had for yonks. (Only left back we've had for yonks?!) Doesn't have many deficiencies for a Sunderland player.

I can't understand why he's being let go for so little. Hope there's not a problem we aren't aware of.

Alonso a v decent player, clearly good enough for the Prem and us at this stage. Always seems up for it too.

Really....?
I think so. Attacking, skilful full back who can get up and down the line. He's been good for us and been a big player. Don't think 5 mil is too unreasonable when Everton want 20 odd for baines and southampton probably nearer 30 for shaw. 5 million for Alonso would be good business I think...

MOTM for me against WBA - well, along with Cattser. Would love to see him here again. Same goes for Vergini - having two tall lads in those positions has been great. We were a seriously small side before they came in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back