€2m + Diakite for Alonso

Status
Not open for further replies.

His defending is questionable at times, when he came up against Delofeu for example. Saying that, I think hes good going forward and I'm the type of person who likes attacking fullback.

He can only get better for me, good piece of business. A lot of Italian clubs apparently rate Diakite.

MOTM for me against WBA - well, along with Cattser. Would love to see him here again. Same goes for Vergini - having two tall lads in those positions has been great. We were a seriously small side before they came in.

They're both very comfortable on the ball as well, which is key to our style of play.

If we could get both for the alledged 850 grand for Vergini and £2 mil + Diakite for Alonso that would be fantastic business

His defending is questionable at times, when he came up against Delofeu for example. Saying that, I think hes good going forward and I'm the type of person who likes attacking fullback.

He can only get better for me, good piece of business. A lot of Italian clubs apparently rate Diakite.

In fairness Delofeu looks like a very good player and probably skinned plenty of fullbacks this season.

Alonso has had some very good games, but also some very poor ones. He was absolutely destroyed by Delofeu. He seems to struggle with out-and-out wingers- lacks pace, and also seems to let them go past him way too easily.

Does better against inverted wingers. Decent on the ball too.

Great deal if true for both parties. To be fair I'd let Diakité leave for focus points, so to use him as a makeweight for a player we do want is a no brainer.

Marseille are hiring Bielsa, and are looking to build "a team" and are looking to get anyone with high wages off the books
The Lyon lad was linked with newcastle today

Looks a good player. Seems to have taken the talisman role from gomis this past year. Plenty of talent in that league

Generally not a good idea to pay a CB + money for a fullback...

...but then you consider that only one of those players is useful in the Premier League. Good deal, and do it if possible. When did we actually last own a competent left back?
I've read this several times & I'm baffled, explain please.

Would be an unreal deal that I think. Really like Alonso and diakite was shit. If we paid 5 mil for Alonso I think it would be a fair price never mind 2 plus that nacker...
I hate saying this bit Alonso is too good for us. I hope we get him but I know we will struggle to keep him if we do

I've read this several times & I'm baffled, explain please.

Centre backs cost more than fullbacks on the open market, everything else being equal (see my reply 53 for evidence of this). Therefore it's not a good financial decision to swap a CB plus money for a fullback assuming everything else is equal (indeed, assuming equal ability, you'd expect exactly the reverse - money plus FB for CB). Here, everything else is NOT equal: Alonso is a much better player than Diakite, so it's the rare case where swapping a CB plus money for a FB would make sense.

Don't know why this thread is back after a few weeks, but there's your answer.

Centre backs cost more than fullbacks on the open market, everything else being equal (see my reply 53 for evidence of this). Therefore it's not a good financial decision to swap a CB plus money for a fullback assuming everything else is equal (indeed, assuming equal ability, you'd expect exactly the reverse - money plus FB for CB). Here, everything else is NOT equal: Alonso is a much better player than Diakite, so it's the rare case where swapping a CB plus money for a FB would make sense.

Don't know why this thread is back after a few weeks, but there's your answer.
See where your coming from but Diakete is not a good or even half decent centre half, Alonso has proved an effective full back who is comfortable in the premier league. All about opinions though mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back