€2m + Diakite for Alonso

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still worry about him defensively. Good at getting forward like.

Think this is fair enough, he's had some poor games defensively but does look good going forward. We could have an opportunity to get rid of a player we don't want while bringing down the price for one we do, hopefully it comes off

Rose is twice the player Alonso is (No way is he worth 12 million like)
Can't agree with you there but definitely agree he is not worth 12 million.
Alonso has only had half a season in the Premier League and does not look to pick up as many injuries as Rose. At 23 has to be worth £3-4 million.

Can't agree with you there but definitely agree he is not worth 12 million.
Alonso has only had half a season in the Premier League and does not look to pick up as many injuries as Rose. At 23 has to be worth £3-4 million.

Wow, I didn't realize Alonso was only 23. Even more of a yes for me then.

Not another defensive midfielder :cry:

If marseille are wanting rid of a few id have thauvin like. Lyon havent made it to champions league either so id have lacazette off of them
Marseille are hiring Bielsa, and are looking to build "a team" and are looking to get anyone with high wages off the books
The Lyon lad was linked with newcastle today

And sadly I'm hearing Diakite has taken all the clubs red sauce with him

Any proof to that?

It's a little hard to do for leagues without published wages, and fees are often confidential. But for those that do publish wages - such as Serie A and MLS - it seems to hold true.

And regarding the fees, here's a list you can filter to get the top 50 transfer fees ever paid for defenders: http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/t...rs_alle_default_default_Abwehr_alle_alle.html. Fifteen of the top 20 are CBs, as are 36 of the top 50.

If you filter for 2013/14 and defenders only, 16 of the top 20 are CBs, as are 34 of the top 50. Filter for 2012/13 and defenders only, and a similar story: only 10 of the top 20 are CBs (exactly what you'd expect if you assume parity), but still 28 of the 50 are CBs. In 11/12, 12 of the first 20 and 29 of the top 50 are CBs. In 10/11, 16 of the top 20 fees were for CBs and 33 of the top 50.

The average over that four-year period is 13.5 of the 20 highest fees are for CBs and 31 of the top 50. In only one of those years was the highest fee for a fullback.

It's not perfectly scientific and you need to take the numbers with a grain of salt, but that's still a noticeable gap.

Diakite starts for fiorentina doesn't he? and Alonso was their 2nd choice left back,so think fiorentina are taking the pee if they want money too.

Can we not hoy Roberge in anarl and pay nowt?

:lol: good idea
In all honesty I don't mind Roberge (as a back up of course), wouldn't mind keeping him at all

and I think £1.65m + Diakite is a bargain for Alonso, Im not his biggest fan but for that price it will be great business
he's easily worth that (and more) and we will finally have an actual left back on our books

If that's what's on the table we should grab it with both hands. For that money it isn't worth quibbling . As for Rose, didn't someone put on one of the threads a comparison and Alonso's performances came out better? It makes good economic and footballing sense ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back