“We just need to craic on”

Harry mate. Fight the goof Fight brother.

My time on herecis numbered ffs.

It's been 2plus years
And sheep kernts still think there is black plague going around cos uncle Tommy got sniffles.

Wake the fuck up Sunland. I am perfect person to talk to in this situation. But no one wants to hear the truth bombs I wanna share.

Instead they want to listen to southern kernts on how we should live our lifes.

Fuck that. I listen to God and my spotify. Fuck the rest of you kernts 🤣🤣🤣🤣😍😍😎
@Enable back on the drink here wondering why he has a lifetime ban

Aye but if we didn’t have the vaccines we would be in a substantially worse position and definitely unable to move forward. The vaccines aren’t the holy grail but they are the best tool to get us out of this, no?

I agree but my point was that the rhetoric was and still is to a degree, get the jab and we can all get back to normal.

That isn’t the case. We are always going to be at risk of a variant from any number of countries that can’t or won’t vaccinate their population.

I’m going on a tangent here but it is even more frustrating when NHS staff (who we were told to get the jab to protect) are marching in London complaining about being told to get the jab.

‘Meanwhile, Kate, a nurse in Hampshire, told the Today programme she was prepared to lose her job rather than have a coronavirus vaccine against her will.

"I don't feel like the vaccination needs to be mandated because we are medical professionals and we have enough information to make that decision for ourselves," she said.’

So the medical professionals say we should get the jab but the medical professionals themselves don’t need to be jabbed because they have more information. This makes total sense…

I agree but my point was that the rhetoric was and still is to a degree, get the jab and we can all get back to normal.

That isn’t the case. We are always going to be at risk of a variant from any number of countries that can’t or won’t vaccinate their population.

I’m going on a tangent here but it is even more frustrating when NHS staff (who we were told to get the jab to protect) are marching in London complaining about being told to get the jab.

‘Meanwhile, Kate, a nurse in Hampshire, told the Today programme she was prepared to lose her job rather than have a coronavirus vaccine against her will.

"I don't feel like the vaccination needs to be mandated because we are medical professionals and we have enough information to make that decision for ourselves," she said.’

So the medical professionals say we should get the jab but the medical professionals themselves don’t need to be jabbed because they have more information. This makes total sense…

Well to some degree the optimism around them hasn’t lasted, but they’re the only thing stopping tens of thousands more deaths and the lynchpin to getting back to normal.

No disrespect to any individual medical or clinical staff member but just because someone is a doctor or nurse, it doesn’t make them an expert in every sub-field of medical science.

Something like 5% of NHS trust-based staff have had the first jab. If you adjust for staff employed before January 2021, I suspect that’s even higher. We know there are clear socioeconomic gradients to uptake in the general population and it stands to reason that clinical staff, medics especially, live in more affluent areas (how socioeconomic position is derived) so the % of clinical staff unvaccinated is certainly less than 5% and arguably less than 2%.

The views of the very vocal 2% do not outweigh the 98% and the views of your average clinician do not outweigh the views of the most senior experts who all agree that the COVID-19 vaccine is safe.

Well to some degree the optimism around them hasn’t lasted, but they’re the only thing stopping tens of thousands more deaths and the lynchpin to getting back to normal.

No disrespect to any individual medical or clinical staff member but just because someone is a doctor or nurse, it doesn’t make them an expert in every sub-field of medical science.

Something like 5% of NHS trust-based staff have had the first jab. If you adjust for staff employed before January 2021, I suspect that’s even higher. We know there are clear socioeconomic gradients to uptake in the general population and it stands to reason that clinical staff, medics especially, live in more affluent areas (how socioeconomic position is derived) so the % of clinical staff unvaccinated is certainly less than 5% and arguably less than 2%.

The views of the very vocal 2% do not outweigh the 98% and the views of your average clinician do not outweigh the views of the most senior experts who all agree that the COVID-19 vaccine is safe.
what are you trying to say?

what are you trying to say?

What I took from Pop’s post was that having NHS staff take to the streets to protest mandatory vaccination, leads to conflicting messages from clinical staff on the safety and efficacy of the vaccine:

“So the medical professionals say we should get the jab but the medical professionals themselves don’t need to be jabbed because they have more information. This makes total sense…”

However from the data on staff vaccination, and vaccination in the general population, we can reasonably infer that NHS staff refusing vaccination are around 2% of clinical staff at most, and maybe even less.

I don’t think there’s anything to be concerned about in regards to these mixed messages that Pop speaks of.

I’ve heard quite a few people say this recently re the Pandemic. It may be a coincidence but it’s usually been from people who have recently had Covid & brushed it off easily. I feel it’s turning into some kind of cliché.

Today i heard someone whose been scared stiff of covid for two years, then caught it and shrugged it off state, “we can’t go on like this”.

Anyway, does anyone know what this actually means? I realise we have been under threat of restrictions (which didn’t really materialise) and have had the massive inconvenience of putting a mask over our face when shopping, if you can be bothered. Barring that, what do we really need to “just craic on” with exactly?

I speak first hand in saying that I appreciate travel abroad isn’t as easy. There are also many of companies and establishments that are either seeking to rip people off or provide a shit level of service citing the pandemic as an excuse.

We can’t see Dr’s face to face anymore as the NHS is in an absolute state, we can’t rely on the 999 service for the same reason and hospitals are still full of unjabbed morons meaning routine operations are being put back.

What does “craicing on now” mean for people and how do we realise their aspirations of life having “craiced on”?

This isn’t a loaded question. I’m keen to know what peoples visions are like.

It means that even the Covid Karen’s have gassed out now.

What I took from Pop’s post was that having NHS staff take to the streets to protest mandatory vaccination, leads to conflicting messages from clinical staff on the safety and efficacy of the vaccine:

“So the medical professionals say we should get the jab but the medical professionals themselves don’t need to be jabbed because they have more information. This makes total sense…”

However from the data on staff vaccination, and vaccination in the general population, we can reasonably infer that NHS staff refusing vaccination are around 2% of clinical staff at most, and maybe even less.

I don’t think there’s anything to be concerned about in regards to these mixed messages that Pop speaks of.
This.

As with the generaly population, there's going be variance amongst NHS staff in terms of medical expertise, professional ethics, general intelligence etc. Some might be full-on fruitcakes or sociopaths, like that idiot ex-nurse who got struck off and now spends her time babbling about Nuremberg and calling for her former colleagues to be hanged.

The views of a few outliers in the NHS shouldn't be seen as representative of wider sentiment among clinical professionals any more than the likes of Bakhdi and Sikora are.

As I've indicated on another post, I'm also dubious how many 'taking to the streets' are actually NHS staff. We've seen recently anti-vaxxers pretending (hilariously unconvincingly) to be police officers, to be serving legal papers etc. Claiming to be disgruntled nurses certainly isn't beyond these Walter Mitty oddballs.

More people die from eating processed meat per year than die have died from Covid in the same timescale... should we therefore ban Bacon?

Evaluate your own risk and just crack on for me.

Bit silly to not factor in the small detail that eating bacon is not transmissible. If you're going to promote this sentiment, which I have some sympathy with, then at least do it sensibly and don't undermine this stance for the rest of us.

Bit silly to not factor in the small detail that eating bacon is not transmissible. If you're going to promote this sentiment, which I have some sympathy with, then at least do it sensibly and don't undermine this stance for the rest of us.
I disagree...ask any vegatarian what makes them wobble, and they will say bacon...it is dangerously infectious mate.

ps. There may be a bacon vaccine for all I know :eek:

Edt: The missus has just told me there is pig DNA n vaccines...I knew I was onto something 👍

Last edited:
I disagree...ask any vegatarian what makes them wobble, and they will say bacon...it is dangerously infectious mate.

ps. There may be a bacon vaccine for all I know :eek:

Edt: The missus has just told me there is pig DNA n vaccines...I knew I was onto something 👍

I f***ing love bacon me

Back