“We just need to craic on”

350 dead yesterday, everything is fine now though. This isn’t a politically motivated move at all, definitely not.

Before anyone starts I’m not advocating full lockdown or anything, but just chucking away all measures in mid winter is barmy.
Iam sure BJ said the end of winter is arnly a few weeks away.Mind you a one of the loons on here said it was over on the 11th January.Its a laugh a minute on here.😃😆

On your vaccine point, we were told countless times by politicians and medical professionals that the vaccines were the way out of this, that is obviously not true.

I am not an anti vaxxer and have had two jabs, getting the booster shortly.

I don’t think it is unreasonable for people to be a little bit frustrated when 84% of the population are double jabbed and a big number are triple jabbed.

The vaccines ARE the way out though. On what grounds do you consider that idea to be “obviously not true”?
I’ve been free as a bird since July.

It’s things like this that piss people off Harry. Claiming you’re flouting the rules then not understanding why people are annoyed at you. You’re not special, the rules apply to you as well. So either you haven’t been following them, or you’re lying about not following them to try and wind people up. Not sure which is worse.

Last edited:
It’s things like this that piss people off Harry. Claiming you’re flouting the rules then not understanding why people are annoyed at you. You’re not special, the rules apply to you as well. So either you haven’t been following them, or you’re lying about not following them to try and wind people up. Not sure which is worse.
Sorry what rules have I flouted?

The vaccines ARE the way out though. On what grounds do you consider that idea to be “obviously not true”?
Anyone who thinks the vaccines aren’t the one significant event of getting us out of the pandemic is just deluded.
You said you’ve been free as a bird since July, despite significant restrictions being in place at some points since July.

So as I said, either you’ve flouted the rules or you want people to believe you have, as nobody has been “as free as a bird” since July, if they’ve followed the rules.
What significant restrictions have curtailed my freedom? I’ve been on holiday. I’ve been to loads of gigs. I’ve had cracking nights out. I was in the house for 10 days isolating with Covid but that was because I’d been to a three day festival. There isn’t a thing that has restricted my life since July.

Last edited:
And can you explain how that is different to now. For you. I’ve obviously given some examples myself.
For me… stop reporting on numbers, stop reporting on every variant that gets found. Stop testing and panicking about case numbers on a daily basis.

No mandatory masks or restrictions around vaccine status. No isolation for people who have it. Guidance should be to continue to doing so if you prefer and to stay home if your symptomatic as you should with any othe disease.

Jabs will continue to be part of life for the vulnerable like they are for the flu.

Anyone who thinks the vaccines aren’t the one significant event of getting us out of the pandemic is just deluded.

What significant restrictions have curtailed my freedom? I’ve been on holiday. I’ve been to loads of gigs. I’ve had cracking nights out. I was in the house for 10 days isolating with Covid but that was because I’d been to a three day festival. There isn’t a thing that has restricted my life since July.

Masks and COVID passes. Unless you’re an anti-masker now Harry? Glad to hear you did self isolate when required.

I think I read a post where you mentioned having Covid, then bad long Covid and something about having Omicron variant twice in the last couple of months. You didn't sound very fit.
That's correct, but only the long Covid was troublesome (reduced lung capacty) Omicron has been nothing, worked all through both infections. Apart from that a viral in infection in the summer of 1984. I didn't seek medical help for any of these, just a hospital visit when my eye went wonky...CT scan.

Footnote: I went to the doctors to get a passport signed and was told I wasn't registered anymore. I was told they'ed dropped me because I hadn't been for eighteen years.

My parent's died of old age...Dad 95, Ma 97. Good mongrel stock and not abusing my body I think explains my health. In addition I'm a naturally happy, though a bit manic in a "drive you up the wall" way :D

That's correct, but only the long Covid was troublesome (reduced lung capacty) Omicron has been nothing, worked all through both infections. Apart from that a viral in infection in the summer of 1984. I didn't seek medical help for any of these, just a hospital visit when my eye went wonky...CT scan.

Footnote: I went to the doctors to get a passport signed and was told I wasn't registered anymore. I was told they'ed dropped me because I hadn't been for eighteen years.

My parent's died of old age...Dad 95, Ma 97. Good mongrel stock and not abusing my body I think explains my health. In addition I'm a naturally happy, though a bit manic in a "drive you up the wall" way :D
Good afternoon Walter Mitty.
Same for me....maybe some feel more restricted than they really are.
Which is what my original post is getting at. But I keep hearing clichés about craicing on.

Back