“We just need to craic on”

Out of interest, what are people unable to do at the minute that they would usually enjoy doing? And, what is preventing them?

Not enjoyment stuff but there's difficulties around getting dentist appointments, and getting to see a GP face to face. But apparently needing to see a dentist is an act of selfishness.

Also the thing with holidays, whilst you can get away there's always the risk that you test positive the day before & can't go which puts many off. It makes planning incredibly difficult especially if wanting to do something for a special occasion (wedding / honeymoon etc)
This in turn s having a negative impact on the whole leisure industry.

My parents took the plunge to get away for the first time a few months back. With them getting on a bit & somewhat technophobic not having smart phones etc, they found the whole process incredibly stressful & won't go abroad again until testing is no longer a thing. I don't blame them, and I have no desire either.

Then there's the general lack of service in certain industries due to staff having to isolate which causes delays in getting stuff.

Good afternoon Walter Mitty.

Which is what my original post is getting at. But I keep hearing clichés about craicing on.
I love your obsession for my posts...makes me feel special and loved ❤️
Where do you go that you "enjoy" that you have to wear a mask? I where one in the shops and at work in communal areas. I rarely use public transport but wear one if I did. Work and shops aren't something I particularly enjoy and wearing a mask in those places doesn't bother me one bit.
Considering the small amount of time we spend in shops (could be dfferent for women) masks could hardly be described as a restriction time or percentage wise.

Last edited:
Not enjoyment stuff but there's difficulties around getting dentist appointments, and getting to see a GP face to face. But apparently needing to see a dentist is an act of selfishness.

Also the thing with holidays, whilst you can get away there's always the risk that you test positive the day before & can't go which puts many off. It makes planning incredibly difficult especially if wanting to do something for a special occasion (wedding / honeymoon etc)

My parents took the plunge to get away for the first time a few months back. With them getting on a bit & somewhat technophobic not having smart phones etc, they found the whole process incredibly stressful & won't go abroad again until testing is no longer a thing. I don't blame them, and I have no desire either.

Then there's the general lack of service in certain industries due to staff having to isolate which causes delays in getting stuff.
What's interesting is that yor post isn't too dissimilar from the OPs. You have both probably had very different views on things over the last couple of years too. It shows two things imo. Firstly there's a lot of things people don't understand why it's still necessary to have in place. Secondly the OP willl argue his point quite often even though he actually agrees with some folk he's arguing with.

On a slight side note, I believe that I caught COVID in the dentist. I cracked my tooth and was at home in agony over Christmas so couldn't get to see someone. Went and got pulled out and tested positive 2 days later.

The vaccines ARE the way out though. On what grounds do you consider that idea to be “obviously not true”?

It’s things like this that piss people off Harry. Claiming you’re flouting the rules then not understanding why people are annoyed at you. You’re not special, the rules apply to you as well. So either you haven’t been following them, or you’re lying about not following them to try and wind people up. Not sure which is worse.

Given we were back under restrictions with the vast vast majority of country double jabbed.

I’m not anti vax but given the vast majority of the world can’t/won’t be jabbed we are always going to be at risk of a new variant that can bring the country/economy to a halt.

Given we were back under restrictions with the vast vast majority of country double jabbed.

I’m not anti vax but given the vast majority of the world can’t/won’t be jabbed we are always going to be at risk of a new variant that can bring the country/economy to a halt.

Aye but if we didn’t have the vaccines we would be in a substantially worse position and definitely unable to move forward. The vaccines aren’t the holy grail but they are the best tool to get us out of this, no?

Aye but if we didn’t have the vaccines we would be in a substantially worse position and definitely unable to move forward. The vaccines aren’t the holy grail but they are the best tool to get us out of this, no?
Lockdown and vaccinations were the only game in town. Thankfully science won

Good post and i’ll comment as follows

A. You cant just tell the NHS we need to “craic on”. The NHS is fucked for many reasons. Namely a government thats ran it into the ground. badly mismanaged funding. People taking up beds that shouldnt be in hospital. It isnt covid related especially IMO although antivaxxers are causing an issue atm.

B. If you are going away you afe just gonna have to make sacrifices as much as possible (within reason) in the build up to ensure you dont test positive. Thats what we did. It isn’t a massive deal unless you are a massive hedonist who MUST be living life to the max 24/7. Surely?

C. You helping them is comendable. I had EXACTLY THE SAME SCENARIO. Infact our predicament was worse with ever changing testing requirments. Tip: ditch the smart phones. Fill in the forms manually. Give them a hand sorting it. The return locator complete for them and email it to their hotel who will print it. YES its a ballache but its a couple hours max sorting it. Just deal with it.

D. I agree. As per post 1 companies and banks and councils are using covid as an excuse for shit / reduced / lax service and trying to squeeze as much profit as possible. Call the bastards out on it. Saying “we need to craic on” doesnt cover this.

Last edited:
I asked that Post1. Nee one can explain really?
What is normal though? What's normal for one person is probably different for someone else. Mind what I do agree with in your first post is the number of shithouses capitalising, especially with travel. I wouldn't like to think what a jab to would cost to get into another country if they made it where you have to pay. Infact I wouldn't be surprised if they done that one day.

What is normal though? What's normal for one person is probably different for someone else. Mind what I do agree with in your first post is the number of shithouses capitalising, especially with travel. I wouldn't like to think what a jab to would cost to get into another country if they made it where you have to pay. Infact I wouldn't be surprised if they done that one day.
It’s revolting and it’s getting worse. I’m sick of hearing something is X more expensive because of the pandemic. In most situations it’s just bullshit. Greedy companies and businesses trying to cash in. Fuck them.

Brian and Harry + Co manage just fine.

As long as ‘crack on’ means we’re all prepared to pay more tax for the increased NHS burden.

Cos it’s either restrictions, pay for more nurses or we accept that cancer operations etc keep on getting cancelled. In a pandemic pick the least shite option cos there’s none that get you back to 2019.

See I’m prepared to pay more. The government in charge created billions that were squandered during this pandemic though. Why is the burden always on the worse off though?

Could the billions created and squandered on a stupid app that never worked, faulty PPE and other contracts that never went anywhere have been hoyed about hiring nurses and creating a better infrastructure?

Tax hike or restrictions? That’s really the choice?

Where do you go that you "enjoy" that you have to wear a mask? I where one in the shops and at work in communal areas. I rarely use public transport but wear one if I did. Work and shops aren't something I particularly enjoy and wearing a mask in those places doesn't bother me one bit.
I thoroughly enjoy shopping.

See I’m prepared to pay more. The government in charge created billions that were squandered during this pandemic though. Why is the burden always on the worse off though?

Could the billions created and squandered on a stupid app that never worked, faulty PPE and other contracts that never went anywhere have been hoyed about hiring nurses and creating a better infrastructure?

Tax hike or restrictions? That’s really the choice?

Aye mate that’s my reading of it. We can’t go back and un-squander the money so it’s more tax, prolonged restrictions or accept a worse NHS. Depressing eh.

Back