“We just need to craic on”

Look up yearly Corectal and Bowel cancer figures
That's not just all by eating processed meat. It does contribute, but it's not directly responsible for all cases, especially those that don't eat processed meat.

You've taken a massive leap to say more people die from eating processed meat.

How many would still get cancer if they didn't eat processed meat, bowel cancer wouldn't vanish overnight.

also, Bowel cancer deaths are 16,500 per year in the UK - way less than covid.

It carries the same risk as smoking.

That's not quite true though, is it? Presumably you're mixing up the carcinogenic grouping of known or likely carcinogens, and risk from each carcinogen.

Red meat and cigarettes are group group 1A carcinogens, but that does not mean they carry the same risk of smoking.

The Australian Cancer Council outlines this, on this page: I’ve heard that eating processed meat is as bad as smoking cigarettes in terms of cancer risk.

Smoking carries a far, far higher risk of cancer, than eating red meat.

40,000 will die this year from over eating...have a brother and sister on the edge. Don't see us closing fast food outlets.
I'd imagine if we did some analysis on small non European islands, that there obesity rates went up around the point they got their first fast food franchises. A diet of fish and fruit swapped for shite. It will obviously just be a bonus that a now apathetic dumbed down island would then be ripe for military bases and such like.

Very pleased we are just cracking on, at this stage. Could be much, much worse like some other countries, Canada for instance, just what the hell is going on there😊
I am quite drawn to the Labour party here in the UK at the moment, but have to say I suspect we would be in restrictions if they were in power. A more vocal stance to the contrary from Starmer would be enough to soothe concerns and hoist Johnson out of Downing Street IMO.

I am quite drawn to the Labour party here in the UK at the moment, but have to say I suspect we would be in restrictions if they were in power. A more vocal stance to the contrary from Starmer would be enough to soothe concerns and hoist Johnson out of Downing Street IMO.
Just because Boris Johnson says the Labour Party would impose restrictions doesn’t mean the Labour Party would impose restrictions. In fact, given that charlatans track record you can probably presume the opposite.

Just because Boris Johnson says the Labour Party would impose restrictions doesn’t mean the Labour Party would impose restrictions. In fact, given that charlatans track record you can probably presume the opposite.
Starmer never had any objections to restrictions, so people may remember that...it's a 100% record.

If we look at Labour in Wales we see how radged it could have been and Starmer was also rattling on about circuit breakers on a couple of occasions.

To be fair, Starmer and labour have criticised Tories for not imposing restrictions sooner and have always backed restrictions when voted on.

Never understood posters criticizing Tories in this regard, as if Labour would be better for not doing so.

Back