“If the performance was poor from minute one, I’d have accepted that as a potential criticism, but we were at it on Saturday."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apparently we ‘don’t want to do a Man City’. I read it on here. :lol:
Oh well, I was getting so excited as well!

Its been my experience over the years, that in truth some of our supporters are pleased we are no longer in the premer league, and in certain cases, seem content to be in the lower leagues, i find this bizzare myself, because i had always assumed that Supporters/Fans wanted the best for their club, and if the chance ever came along for Sunderland to become the next manchester city, everyone would be totally on board with it, given the amount of success and trophy wins, we could gain, i mean isn't that what sport is all about, doing everything to be the best and win, like the people who train to go to the olympics or the footballers who win world cups and european championships or the rugby and cricket players who become the best to win ?

Its been my experience over the years, that in truth some of our supporters are pleased we are no longer in the premer league, and in certain cases, seem content to be in the lower leagues, i find this bizzare myself, because i had always assumed that Supporters/Fans wanted the best for their club, and if the chance ever came along for Sunderland to become the next manchester city, everyone would be totally on board with it, given the amount of success and trophy wins, we could gain, i mean isn't that what sport is all about, doing everything to be the best and win, like the people who train to go to the olympics or the footballers who win world cups and european championships or the rugby and cricket players who become the best to win ?

Nah, Championship promotions, struggling in L1 or making up the bottom quarter of the Prem is so much better! We’re only little old Sunderland, and we should know our place, doffing our caps at the big clubs like Bournemouth, Watford, Brighton, Norwich et al. (Greatest of respect to them)
;)

Nah, Championship promotions, struggling in L1 or making up the bottom quarter of the Prem is so much better! We’re only little old Sunderland, and we should know our place, doffing our caps at the big clubs like Bournemouth, Watford, Brighton, Norwich et al. (Greatest of respect to them)
;)

its only fair that the right Sketch be used in that case then.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Your lack of self awareness is staggering. :lol: It makes as much sense as your perspective on Ross outers, but you can’t see it.

I simply turned the tables on you, and this is your response. I guess you posted in a fit of rage, without any thought.

Unsustainable cost? How has anything changed, then? Outspending the entire division combined just to put in displays of mediocrity is sustainable? That’s the very definition of just making the same old mistakes - spending lots of cash to get nowhere, it’s just we’re doing it in the third tier.
Brilliant.

I’m surprised at you, tbh. This post is not worthy of you at all.

Better sack Ross and the scouts, then. We paid more than the entire division combined on players just to have an L1 squad. A one that finished 5th last season and consistently puts in poor performances.

Oops.

I've never mentioned last season. I'm going off this season alone. Joint top of the league and just beaten a strong Burnley side in the cup. Let down at the weekend, but your Chelsea's and Utd's do this. Give ya head a wobble

They are nutters to be fair though mate. You'd cross the road if you saw them walking towards you.

I've never mentioned last season. I'm going off this season alone. Joint top of the league and just beaten a strong Burnley side in the cup. Let down at the weekend, but your Chelsea's and Utd's do this. Give ya head a wobble

We're not joint top...

This will go straight over the heads of most of em on here am afraid. Even though it's a perfectly legitimate view point.

No it’s not a legitimate view point!! We outspent this entire league combined! How is that a legitimate League 1 side??? We are a failure of a League 1 side if we have to spend 10x other clubs just to finish 5th. Do you not see the incompetence at SAFC with how we run as a club??

Last season was last season. End of. This season, before our first loss, we were joint top and had just beaten a strong Burnley side. Just skirt around that if you want.

See original response and above post. Hope that make sense for you

An entire season is irrelevant, but a few games of dodgy football prove you right?

Wow! Give it up, man! Nothing has changed from last season.

Cheers.
It’s like shooting fish in a barrel, to be honest. These posters are having a mare.

A very arrogant condescending chap aren’t you. Don’t expect you to agree. Respect your points hate the condescending nature. People were not put on this earth to agree with you.
;)

Your lack of empathy with fellow fans is sad. Yes there is more to supporting a club than winning things. But clearly you don’t get that. Sad thing is you are the one missing out. Yep most of us are happy to support the club through this phase, any phase of its history and enjoy the journey. If it leads to being Man City great if not hardly surprising. Sunderland have been also rans since the mid fifties.

Last edited:
A very arrogant condescending chap aren’t you. Don’t expect you to agree. Respect your points hate the condescending nature. People were not put on this earth to agree with you.

Well, it wasn’t long before the pro Ross side descended into ad hominem...

I can handle opinions. What I dislike is people selectively filtering out comments or simply ignoring anything that they have no argument against, or setting arbitrary points of time during which to judge Ross.

It’s easy to argue against pro Ross posters, you simply can’t defend a record spend in L1, more than the entire league combined. Then there’s ‘we’re a league 1 team’, while putting no blame at Ross’s door for this.

When you address these points in a cogent manner, maybe I’ll take you seriously. ;)

An entire season is irrelevant, but a few games of dodgy football prove you right?

Wow! Give it up, man! Nothing has changed from last season.

I'm not here to have a to and fro, I'm simply pointing out that so far this season, before the weekend, we were joint top and had just knocked a team with premier league quality players out the cup. That's a bit of perspective that quite a few people could swallow (worth mentioning, that every time I've brought this up, not 1 single person has responded to it)

You also still haven't answered it. So you give it up :cool:

Your lack of empathy with fellow fans is sad. Yes there is more to supporting a club than winning things. But clearly you don’t get that. Sad thing is you are the one missing out. Yep most of us are happy to support the club through this phase, any phase of its history and enjoy the journey. If it leads to being Man City great if not hardly surprising. Sunderland have been also rans since the mid fifties.

What a bizarre post. A non-sequitur, in fact.
I was at all the home games when we were in the third division the first time. Watched us relegated v Gillingham. Been to Wembley to see both the car crashes v Norwich and Swindon...

Personally, I want better for SAFC. You don’t agree, fine.
I'm not here to have a to and fro, I'm simply pointing out that so far this season, before the weekend, we were joint top and had just knocked a team with premier league quality players out the cup. That's a bit of perspective that quite a few people could swallow (worth mentioning, that every time I've brought this up, not 1 single person has responded to it)

You also still haven't answered it. So you give it up :cool:

Answered what? You are right, so what? It’s a meaningless criterion which you have defined! :lol:

Last edited:
It’s exactly why you need to get the football straight! It’s exactly why you need recruitment right. We’re not doing that!! We’re papering over cracks trying to get promoted while failing to get the foundation squared away. If you can’t see that, then that’s not my problem.

I agree with what you say re foundations and recruitment. It’s fundamental to future of club and it might be jetting Ross down, we don’t really know. In fact how do we measure at this stage if recruitment is failing? Usually with hindsight/review. To early then to judge this windows business. The January window however was a disaster. On paper however was it so illogical? Did we really think Leadbitter and Grigg would have so little impact. Did we think Burnley’s reserve centre half would not be as good as we already had. This was poor recruitment and indicative of us scrambling around the market desperately looking for people. Got to hope we are passed that phase and the recruitment foundations are in place now, but we won’t know for sure until the season progresses.
But agree it should underpin everything we do.

What a bizarre post. A non-sequitur, in fact.
I was at all the home games when we were in the third division the first time. Watched us relegated v Gillingham. Been to Wembley to see both the car crashes v Norwich and Swindon...

Personally, I want better for SAFC. You don’t agree, fine.

Answered what? You are right, so what? It’s a meaningless criterion which you have defined! :lol:

It's not though is it? 1 defeat and let's sack the manager? Give over

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back