“If the performance was poor from minute one, I’d have accepted that as a potential criticism, but we were at it on Saturday."

Status
Not open for further replies.
We don't want all of our games to be 'even' and they almost always are.

We should be going out to terrify teams but we're incapable.
Bang on. Sick of seeing us start on the back foot. Get into them and go at them. See how they respond to pressure.

Exactly! 46 "even" games don't get you promoted, you get about 20 draws and hope for a 5-6th finish at best.

The support at Peterborough was as good as it gets ...

... but we were given virtually nothing to cheer.

No crunching tackles, no winger flying past the last man, no attempts on goal, no fist pumps to rally the crowd, nothing.

We sang our bloody heads off man and trudged back home again ...

... it's not good enough and he's lost the will of many supporters through his negative attitude.

I think a poor display from our wingers didn't help. McGeady kept giving ball away and as for Gooch......well he needs shifting as breaks everything down game after game. Fuck knows why we didn't bring a RW in but one was asked for.

Just have to hope Duncan back as he's better option than Gooch or Mcguire will have to play out there.

Fair or absolute nonsense? Strange to be 'at it' and have 1 shot on target.

"sometimes you have days where it hinges on key moments and that’s what happened"
The man is a f***ing idiot. Should have been sacked after the play off final not just for the result but for the negative embarrassing performance. Now we have to put up with the dross all over again. Next Saturday no doubt we'll concede v Accrington and probably be hanging on for a result ffs

:lol: :lol: dear god. The people who like the manager and think he will get us promoted this season are pleased to see us get beat. Your post is the biggest load of shit I've ever read on these boards. Read it back man, you will agree too. It's obviously been posted in a fit of rage and without any thought but Christ what a mess.

Pot kettle black mind

It’s the same nonsense you and others throw at people who aren’t happy.

Unless you’re a wum or a mag (opp team) then I’d wager virtually everyone wants the same thing. A successful team.

Some just believe the current management team can deliver, while many others have doubts or concerns

It’s a discussion forum

Pot kettle black mind

It’s the same nonsense you and others throw at people who aren’t happy.

Unless you’re a wum or a mag (opp team) then I’d wager virtually everyone wants the same thing. A successful team.

Some just believe the current management team can deliver, while many others have doubts or concerns

It’s a discussion forum
So being openly pleased when we win games is a clear sign I want us to lose ? There's people on here (like the OP) who aren't seen when we win then when we lose post upwards of 100 posts a day man. There's a massive difference.

Was at Burnley and Peterborough games difference in Burnley game they hit post twice and we capitalised on it and scored 3, in Peterborough game they scored a good free kick and had Maddison who ran the game. I was massively disappointed but let’s see if we can regroup and create some pressure on the opposition.

So being openly pleased when we win games is a clear sign I want us to lose ? There's people on here (like the OP) who aren't seen when we win then when we lose post upwards of 100 posts a day man. There's a massive difference.

Not at all, but refusing to have an honest debate on the club and shouting down posters with genuine concerns is. There’s got to be light and shade for both sides. Simply because people are questioning Ross doesnt mean they’re any less of a supporter

It’s great that you’re always so positive, I remember the days when I was :lol: I’m chuffed when we win, but will also question the performances at times too.

Other than Portsmouth second half when we controlled it, and Wimbledon we haven’t really performed yet in the league. We were very fortunate with 4 points against Ipswich & Rochdale. In isolation that is fine, you take points where you can, however there’s a pattern that we haven’t been performing particularly well since last Autumn. We fell away badly last season, and a few results aside the performances haven’t improved this time around yet either.

Is Ross the right man? I’d love him to be, however I’m starting to wonder if I was wrong to back him so much last May

He's right like, the first half was like the f***ing alamo. We were raining shots are their goal left right and centre, it's a miracle we weren't at least 6-1 up by half time :rolleyes:
No that was the practice before the game started ;)

Failure is what we experienced in the previous 10 years leading to this point. By all means add this period to it if you can’t handle being in this division. Personally I see it as stopping the rot and resetting the ckub as something the fans can relate to.
You talk like a bank manager not a fan and yet the unsustainable cost of running thus club is why we are where we are.
Maybe you have played to much championship manager to understand this is not a one dimensional situation whereby money = success.

This has nothing to do with money = success...this has everything to do with money = failure...we have to outspend an entire league just to finish 5th. We have to spend 10 - 20 times more than say Rochdale just to get an even performance. How do you not understand any of this?? We are not succeeding right now...it’s just a continuation of the last 10 years. There’s no one on this squad who will fetch any cash, we will have to lose money again to offload players. This is not how you succeed, this is the same formula that got us here!!!

Im not so sure fella. Certainly his public pronouncements would indicate he’s not inclined towards that. He’s mistakenly made clean sheets the hill he dies on, has said that we score enough goals (completely ignoring that this was primarily due to never-to-be-repeated clinical finishing from the likes of Maja and Cattermole last season) and has said that measures such as xG are primarily a betting thing. Of course he could be saying one thing and doing another but it seems to have no earthly benefit other than alienating him from the fanbase. It would appear that he sees our promotion as being something that will be won by tightening up our defence. He’s dead wrong.
Fair point, me owld brassica. It'll be interesting to monitor developments. I'm happy enough with Ross but, should the tackowa materialise, our new owners might think otherwise. We shall see.

Fair point, me owld brassica. It'll be interesting to monitor developments. I'm happy enough with Ross but, should the tackowa materialise, our new owners might think otherwise. We shall see.
I like the idea of Ross more than the reality. Young, intelligent, calm. I’m very concerned at some of the stuff he’s said over the summer, though, as it’s completely at odds with modern football. It might be that he’s a bit of a contrarian. The nagging doubt I have, though, is that I think his influence over signings has been overstated. It would not surprise me in the least if his approach is his best attempt at working with what he’s been given by a football structure that has way more power than it has genuine competence. It’s a bit tinfoil, I admit, but there you go.

"sometimes you have days where it hinges on key moments and that’s what happened"

Just play attacking football and score more goals than the other team it’s not rocket science

I can’t help but think a proper manager who knows how to do this would have this team flying. Unfortunately this guy seems obsessed with trying to not score

I think a poor display from our wingers didn't help. McGeady kept giving ball away and as for Gooch......well he needs shifting as breaks everything down game after game. Fuck knows why we didn't bring a RW in but one was asked for.

Just have to hope Duncan back as he's better option than Gooch or Mcguire will have to play out there.

Final ball wasn't great, but there were a couple of excellent balls put in by leadbitter and we had absolutely no presence in the final third from the forwards. when the ball was put in the right area the forwards were too easily snuffed out, though support was lacking. Contrast that to peterborough who had an attacking game plan and both attacked and defended as a team. Our biggest problems probably came from fullback, both on and off the ball as defensively they were woeful and McLaughlin slowed down or messed up that many attacks having no left foot it was ridiculous.

It's a team problem - if we play two up front, two wingers, two in central midfield and are out numbered centrally as we were on Saturday we can't restrict fullbacks and play our back line so deep and it stretches the team back so much. doesn't make for any sort of support of cohesive play. I appreciate peterborough had two quick strikers we were wary of, but then why play 442 if in that situation you're not going very direct?

I like the idea of Ross more than the reality. Young, intelligent, calm. I’m very concerned at some of the stuff he’s said over the summer, though, as it’s completely at odds with modern football. It might be that he’s a bit of a contrarian. The nagging doubt I have, though, is that I think his influence over signings has been overstated. It would not surprise me in the least if his approach is his best attempt at working with what he’s been given by a football structure that has way more power than it has genuine competence. It’s a bit tinfoil, I admit, but there you go.
I tend to agree. He seemed genuinely surprised, for example, when Honeyman left for Hull (no one being more surprised than the lad himself, it seemed to me). I think he plays the cards he's dealt, figuratively speaking. Some of the recent transfer dealings have been puzzling, but fair play to whomesoever was responsible for grasping various nettles by moving off the books (wholly or in part) several players who were arguably too expensive for the Championship, nivva mind League 1.

Nonsense. Last year he had excuses. This season he has been tasked with 100 points and getting beaten 3-0 by anyone is unacceptable. He seems to be going down the 'we were unlucky' route - the end result of that is he will be leaving sooner rather than later. I think he is really beginning to struggle in the job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back