‘Methven til I die’...

Mate, I’ll admit it as well. I fell for it completely. I even went one further. A few years ago when we came back for a holiday my son arranged to meet him. We all stood on the centre circle at the SOL (remember the outtake on STID when he went arse over tit trying to kick a ball? We were stood about three metres away).
Even then I thought that he was steering the club in the right direction. It’s only when a lot of stuff came out in the wash so to speak that I eventually cottoned on that him and his mate were utterly clueless when it came to running a football club of any size, let alone SAFC. The writing on the wall should’ve been seen when his move to us was from Eastleigh, but we were all so happy to see the back of Short that the majority of us were blinded by his rhetoric. In the Old West he would’ve been outed as a snake oil salesman.
I took them at face value. I trusted them to do what they said they would having not had any reason not to at the time. When firm evidence emerged of what they were and what they were about I changed my mind. I don’t care for being lied to, or having my trust abused. I still believe people are honest unless there’s evidence to the contrary. I’ve been burned occasionally because of it but also it’s given me moments of genuine satisfaction. These two jokers will always be a dark passage in the clubs history. I won’t be 100% comfortable until they’ve gone completely. I’m optimistic for the future as young Mr Dreyfus seems to be approaching his task in the right way and he has qualified people to advise him. Hopefully we’ve turned a corner. As supporters I don’t think we are entitled to have success automatically, The club and the players have to earn it and we have to help them. But I do think we’ve been punched in the face enough now and are due some respite.

Do you know what I’m embarrassed about.

I listened to the podcasts and believed them.

total idiot . I have had a real look at
Myself since .

I

The easiest people to lie to are those who want to believe.

Most of us were took in. And why not. We just want what’s best for our club.
Another reason why they are both deceitful lowlifes. They took complete advantage of the club and supporters situation.
Thankfully, they underestimated how knowledgeable some fans were to their dealings, and were sharp found out for what the really were/are.

Another reason why they are both deceitful lowlifes. They took complete advantage of the club and supporters situation.
Thankfully, they underestimated how knowledgeable some fans were to their dealings, and were sharp found out for what the really were/are.
Post of the year .

if we had 20 million extra we’d not still be in this league

it’s criminal

I don’t know how it’s legal and I don’t know how they can step foot in Sunderland

the worst thing that’s ever happened to the club in our long history
They turn up to the games ffs. They need to be confronted

A very poor advert for the private education system.

Thick as fuck and arrogant. A terrible combination

If he hadn't been born into privelege he'd be an absolutely nobody. A sex starved virgin, no mates, even his mother would dread him visiting and all his work colleagues at the call centre would avoid him like the plague.

A sad indictment of our class system that so many people think he came across well in that documentary
Yep. Bit of a tim nice but dim voice n folk think hes a business guru ffs.

Mate, I’ll admit it as well. I fell for it completely. I even went one further. A few years ago when we came back for a holiday my son arranged to meet him. We all stood on the centre circle at the SOL (remember the outtake on STID when he went arse over tit trying to kick a ball? We were stood about three metres away).
Even then I thought that he was steering the club in the right direction. It’s only when a lot of stuff came out in the wash so to speak that I eventually cottoned on that him and his mate were utterly clueless when it came to running a football club of any size, let alone SAFC. The writing on the wall should’ve been seen when his move to us was from Eastleigh, but we were all so happy to see the back of Short that the majority of us were blinded by his rhetoric. In the Old West he would’ve been outed as a snake oil salesman.

yep fair enough mate, I understand why people got carried away, good PR goes a long way

the stuff about the parachute payment money came out very soon after they arrived, I think people just chose to ignore it. Again, I can see why.
I think the point is you need to look critically at what people do, not in agenda way. Even the new owner. He’s started really well but doesn’t mean every decision he makes has to be blindly backed

The fact Donald is still here annoys me, it did worry me originally but it’s clear he has no say on strategy

but will he pay his way if asked?

Notwithstanding the pair of them have an insurance policy that when the club moves on they get a payout.
Glad we rid ours of the scumbag. Would have been a different story last season if fans were back in attendance. Can assure you he wouldn’t have set foot in the ground, he will get his comeuppance in time.

yep fair enough mate, I understand why people got carried away, good PR goes a long way

the stuff about the parachute payment money came out very soon after they arrived, I think people just chose to ignore it. Again, I can see why.
I think the point is you need to look critically at what people do, not in agenda way. Even the new owner. He’s started really well but doesn’t mean every decision he makes has to be blindly backed

The fact Donald is still here annoys me, it did worry me originally but it’s clear he has no say on strategy

@Grumpy Old Man should kld ask each shareholder to add funds and they couldnt would their % just reduce down?

Opinions are like arseholes mate. Everybody’s got one.

I’m absolutely staggered that after all this time - as we still sit in the third tier - that folk will come on and stick up for them.
Its said that it’s easier to fool people than to get them to admit they’ve been fooled.

Someone on here argued with me that the typing disaster poster can’t have been Methven as a post appeared while he was in his company. As if multiple access accounts would be below a conman s dignity.

A few days after they took over at SAFC a Oxford fan I’d worked with about 15 yrs previous got in touch. He’d had to contact two fellers he’d nivver seen for ten years or so to get my number to sympathise and give a lowdown onnMethvens Oxford forum antics. To be honest I wasn’t having it from him as I was probably 90% conned with the remaining 10% unconnected becos of my old work mates scepticism.

The best club directors and owners are neither seen or heard. They quietly get the job of the day-to-day running done and let the football do the talking, good or bad.

Perhaps that's why we heard so much from Methven and Donald.

Everyone coming across a bit precious once again. Methven came across quite well on the series imo, tried his best to sort out a failing businesses and was met with a team of jobs worths who couldn't be arsed. People like that are a huge part of the problem and he gets pelters for trying to eradicate it. Things needed changing and they needed to be done aggressively.

In terms of the issue about them only caring about making a profit - why would it be any different? They're business men who like football. It's win win or lose lose, if we had gone up, we would have had success on the pitch and they would have got the profit they were after.

It was edited though. Do we know for certain those roling their eyes/yawning etc were doing it whilst even in the meeting with him, let along when he was talking.
Crowd scones were shown from different matches so there’s no way of knowing. Stuff like that doesn’t show Fulwell73 in a very trustworthy light.

I've got no problem with anyone taken in by them early on. But those who continued to defend them and attempt to discredit others when it was crystal clear something wasn't right deserve all the criticism that comes their way.

Spoke to him for the first time on the train down to Peterborough for five minutes, got a very quick and clear impression he was full of shit, by chance he was in the same pub pre match for a meeting with a supporters branch , listened to the same bullshit as he spoke to others in the beer garden.

First impressions count.

Said it before.
Once Charlton scored that 94th minute winner in the 2019 play off final Methven and Donald went into a huge metaphorical huff as their plan for a quick profit didn’t happen and the subsequent lack of leadership by majority shareholder Donald and the spiteful, pathetic comments by Methven about the fan base both in public and when caught out at the RAWA meeting showed that the supposed love for all things SAFC was false.

Said it before.
Once Charlton scored that 94th minute winner in the 2019 play off final Methven and Donald went into a huge metaphorical huff as their plan for a quick profit didn’t happen and the subsequent lack of leadership by majority shareholder Donald and the spiteful, pathetic comments by Methven about the fan base both in public and when caught out at the RAWA meeting showed that the supposed love for all things SAFC was false.
What were the comments he made post Charlton mate?

Back