‘Methven til I die’...

I wouldn’t say I like him, but didn’t come across that badly. I reckon it’s obvious both worked very hard and were passionate about trying to succeed.
but were they both motivated by chasing an unrealistically large payoff ? Early days, when he was friends with the podcasts , Donald said "I'll stay here as long as I can move the club forward then I'll be off " . He's probably overstayed his welcome now and no sign of a departure...

but were they both motivated by chasing an unrealistically large payoff ? Early days, when he was friends with the podcasts , Donald said "I'll stay here as long as I can move the club forward then I'll be off " . He's probably overstayed his welcome now and no sign of a departure...
What is wrong with that been the reason for them been here? Do people actually think they were here for any other reason?
The end goal for us and them was still the same, success. They’d only make a profit if they were successful; promotion.

What is wrong with that been the reason for them been here? Do people actually think they were here for any other reason?
The end goal for us and them was still the same, success. They’d only make a profit if they were successful; promotion.

nothing wrong with a profit motive until the extent of the desired profit prevents them leaving and therefore holds back the club. That's the story that emerged even with supposed PR genius Charlie still in place controlling the flow of information

Came across as actually caring and not taking bullshit from employees who clearly couldn't give a fuck. Imagine slating someone because they want there business to turn over a profit. If it did its win win for everyone. People on here talk shit about wanting rid of the of the rotten culture and when someone comes in with the balls to do it suddenly turn into snowflakes offended by the way employees who've continually undermined their employer are spoken too.

Went up in my estimations after the half time at Bradford. That self important little jobsworth had continuously been dismissive of what was a great day for the club and finally pushed her luck too far by saying "well if it gets done its done" aka "well I don't really give a fuck about the club I'm just hear to make easy money, pop out kids and leach money"

Came across as actually caring and not taking bullshit from employees who clearly couldn't give a fuck. Imagine slating someone because they want there business to turn over a profit. If it did its win win for everyone. People on here talk shit about wanting rid of the of the rotten culture and when someone comes in with the balls to do it suddenly turn into snowflakes offended by the way employees who've continually undermined their employer are spoken too.

Went up in my estimations after the half time at Bradford. That self important little jobsworth had continuously been dismissive of what was a great day for the club and finally pushed her luck too far by saying "well if it gets done its done" aka "well I don't really give a fuck about the club I'm just hear to make easy money, pop out kids and leach money"
They think some local billionaire fan is going to appear and take us to the promised land, deluded.

I honestly don’t think that it was all about money. I think they probably thought they could make a bit if they got it right but i don’t think that was the main motivation.
I dont think we can really blame him for not being gone at the moment. Buying a footballe club probably isn’t top of anyone’s priority list right now.

She was poor.
Didnt have any faith or positivity.
'No way will we get 40k'
Its this type of mentality in our staff that has held us back.
At least SD and CM praised the area and believed in us as supporters to back the club.
I honestly don’t think that it was all about money. I think they probably thought they could make a bit if they got it right but i don’t think that was the main motivation.
I dont think we can really blame him for not being gone at the moment. Buying a footballe club probably isn’t top of anyone’s priority list right now.
They love football.
The aim was to get us promoted, sell a stake to take us up to the next level, but retain some presence in the boardroom, as they loved being part of the club.

Last edited:
It’s a tough one, they are very demanding people, the staff weren’t used to that sort of style, or any pressure by the looks of it, and it made him in particular look like a bully.

I don’t think he is, she wasn’t prepared to give him what he needed and rightly got an earful. Go to your gaffer prepared or not at all, simple as that.

I f***ing can’t stand him, the way he talked to that lass at half time at the Bradford game was disgusting. You can see all the staff really dislike him
Is that because she’s ‘a lass’ - I thought we were in an age of equality?
The staff dislike him because his ambition is an inconvenience to them. He’s holding them to account and asking them to achieve things.

Is that because she’s ‘a lass’ - I thought we were in an age of equality?
The staff dislike him because his ambition is an inconvenience to them. He’s holding them to account and asking them to achieve things.

But he's f***ing shit at achieving his 'ambitions' isn't he? Being an incompetent, entitled wanker isn't something to admire.

Back