‘Methven til I die’...

Do you know what I’m embarrassed about.

I listened to the podcasts and believed them.

total idiot . I have had a real look at
Myself since .

I

Tad harsh on yourself.
At times you are blinded by pure hope and we all crave for our mutual clubs uplift.
Time and time let down again and again. The constant in all of this is that “we” the Supporters only have two choices, stop going or keep going.

One thing Supporting Swindon coupled with getting older is I never look far out, all about now and believing within a much smaller window.
As at today we have a club, we are playing this weekend and this seasons main objective was always to stay in the league.
Even I convince myself posting this :)

Tad harsh on yourself.
At times you are blinded by pure hope and we all crave for our mutual clubs uplift.
Time and time let down again and again. The constant in all of this is that “we” the Supporters only have two choices, stop going or keep going.

One thing Supporting Swindon coupled with getting older is I never look far out, all about now and believing within a much smaller window.
As at today we have a club, we are playing this weekend and this seasons main objective was always to stay in the league.
Even I convince myself posting this :)
Top post Swindon lad.

if we had 20 million extra we’d not still be in this league

it’s criminal

I don’t know how it’s legal and I don’t know how they can step foot in Sunderland

the worst thing that’s ever happened to the club in our long history
I dunno marra. He still had incompetent clowns like Dicky Hill and Tony Coton making critical football decisions. Definitely the worst thing to ever happen to SAFC though - which is really saying something.

Do you reckon you lot will come up this year ?

Unfortunately no as we don’t have the depth.
Can only sign players on one year deals and pay no more than £1300 per week as part of the embargo imposed rules.
Should have enough in the camp to stay up.
January can only hope that the embargo gets lifted.

Taking everything into consideration we’ve put together a decent little side in a short space of time. Definitely work in progress and a base to build from.
Most pleasing of all is our crowds are backing the takeover which is important.

Next season I reckon we will challenge. This season settling a big chunk of debt scumbag left us with.
Still have a pending court case and that could go many ways, one being a points deduction.

Unfortunately no as we don’t have the depth.
Can only sign players on one year deals and pay no more than £1300 per week as part of the embargo imposed rules.
Should have enough in the camp to stay up.
January can only hope that the embargo gets lifted.

Taking everything into consideration we’ve put together a decent little side in a short space of time. Definitely work in progress and a base to build from.
Most pleasing of all is our crowds are backing the takeover which is important.

Next season I reckon we will challenge. This season settling a big chunk of debt scumbag left us with.
Still have a pending court case and that could go many ways, one being a points deduction.
You sitting ok at present . There’s no way you will drop below mid table I do t think.

Everyone coming across a bit precious once again. Methven came across quite well on the series imo, tried his best to sort out a failing businesses and was met with a team of jobs worths who couldn't be arsed. People like that are a huge part of the problem and he gets pelters for trying to eradicate it. Things needed changing and they needed to be done aggressively.

In terms of the issue about them only caring about making a profit - why would it be any different? They're business men who like football. It's win win or lose lose, if we had gone up, we would have had success on the pitch and they would have got the profit they were after.
I mean you're missing out a fairly fundamental issue as to why people have an issue with them seeking to make as much money as possible. They used the clubs (parachute) money to fund the purchase. They promised to pay it back. It appears that almost certainly isn't going to happen.

That money should have been used to get us out of league 1, but it appears it will be used to fund a couple of chancers pensions. If you're happy with that, that's your prerogative, but its far from precious to not be happy with it.

Thing is we were looking from outside in, just fans living in hope. Those members of staff in the club who sat looking gormless when he addressed them knew he was a f***ing charlatan.
They will have looked at his past as all employees do when there’s a new gaffer coming in. His CV isn’t exactly stellar. There was nothing revealed in those Netflix clips to suggest he had any earth shattering ideas or initiatives that were going to take the club forward. Mostly just stating the obvious. That seems to have gone under the radar.

good to hear someone admit it like

I didn’t fall for it and stuck my neck out early on but no I told you so here, it’s just a shame had to go through it as fans
Mate, I’ll admit it as well. I fell for it completely. I even went one further. A few years ago when we came back for a holiday my son arranged to meet him. We all stood on the centre circle at the SOL (remember the outtake on STID when he went arse over tit trying to kick a ball? We were stood about three metres away).
Even then I thought that he was steering the club in the right direction. It’s only when a lot of stuff came out in the wash so to speak that I eventually cottoned on that him and his mate were utterly clueless when it came to running a football club of any size, let alone SAFC. The writing on the wall should’ve been seen when his move to us was from Eastleigh, but we were all so happy to see the back of Short that the majority of us were blinded by his rhetoric. In the Old West he would’ve been outed as a snake oil salesman.

Back