£9.4 billion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Correct, how many large train manufacturers do you think there are in this country, and especially ones based in the midlands?

You are saying they have got the work, but as someone else points out, no contracts have been awarded.
Twist as much as you like but you have dropped a bollock.

You are saying they have got the work, but as someone else points out, no contracts have been awarded.
Twist as much as you like but you have dropped a bollock.

:lol::lol:

f***ing hell, i bet you'll be sat there now hoping they don't get awarded a contract.

Just to correct it for mr sad and pedantic, being the largest rail manufacturer in the country and being based in the midlands, this is potentially a good thing for Derby and Bombardier.

Happy now?

:lol::lol:

f***ing hell, i bet you'll be sat there now hoping they don't get awarded a contract.

Just to correct it for mr sad and pedantic, being the largest rail manufacturer in the country and being based in the midlands, this is potentially a good thing for Derby and Bombardier.

Happy now?

Just potentially now.
You were certain not long ago.
This is not being pedantic, this is merely a case of you being wrong and being unable to accept that fact.
I have also stated above that I hope British companies get the work.
So another lie by you.

He's finished his course, so if he's running around in spotted undies throwing flour it's just because he enjoys it.

Irony is in the fact that if you look at his threads, they are all whinging about stuff, whether it be car parking or the weather.:lol:

Just potentially now.
You were certain not long ago.
This is not being pedantic, this is merely a case of you being wrong and being unable to accept that fact.
I have also stated above that I hope British companies get the work.
So another lie by you.

Keep crying DB, the money's getting spent, local firms will get the work and the majority of the board agree it's for the benefit of everyone, bar you.

Nothing more to say on the matter.
And you're being both pedantic and a negative wanker and i don't have time for either, my glass is half full.

Keep crying DB, the money's getting spent, local firms will get the work and the majority of the board agree it's for the benefit of everyone, bar you.

Nothing more to say on the matter.
And you're being both pedantic and a negative wanker and i don't have time for either, my glass is half full.

Abuse often comes from the fact that you have fucked up again. well done.

Bombardier have got tons of work
Bombardier have potential for the work.

:lol:

:eek: you whinge? NEVER?

;)

I like a twist aye. I can recognise this though

Just looked at the details of the package

• A high-capacity "electric spine" running from Yorkshire and the West Midlands to south coast ports, boosting passenger and freight capacity
  • An £800m electrification and upgrade from Sheffield to Bedford, completing the full electrification of the Midland Main Line
  • Electrification extended from Cardiff to Swansea, costing £600m, plus electrification of the Welsh valley lines
  • The Northern Hub - a series of projects around Manchester worth £322m that improve northern rail capacity to get more and faster trains across the north of England
  • Upgrades to the East Coast Main Line from London to Leeds and Newcastle worth £240m to create faster journeys and increase capacity
  • Upgrades to stations and tracks creating capacity for an additional 140,000 daily rail commutes around cities at peak times, including £350m for lengthening platforms at London's Waterloo station
  • A new £500m rail link between the Great Western Main Line and Heathrow

great news this. dont know how much of an improvement £240 million gets you though

Just looked at the details of the package

• A high-capacity "electric spine" running from Yorkshire and the West Midlands to south coast ports, boosting passenger and freight capacity
  • An £800m electrification and upgrade from Sheffield to Bedford, completing the full electrification of the Midland Main Line
  • Electrification extended from Cardiff to Swansea, costing £600m, plus electrification of the Welsh valley lines
  • The Northern Hub - a series of projects around Manchester worth £322m that improve northern rail capacity to get more and faster trains across the north of England
  • Upgrades to the East Coast Main Line from London to Leeds and Newcastle worth £240m to create faster journeys and increase capacity
  • Upgrades to stations and tracks creating capacity for an additional 140,000 daily rail commutes around cities at peak times, including £350m for lengthening platforms at London's Waterloo station
  • A new £500m rail link between the Great Western Main Line and Heathrow

great news this. dont know how much of an improvement £240 million gets you though

More spent on platforms at Waterloo than MAY be spent on the line upto Newcastle.

Maybe the new Hitachi plant at Newton Aycliffe will get some of the contract for rolling stock. That'll be good news.

More spent on platforms at Waterloo than MAY be spent on the line upto Newcastle.

What do you expect, most of the money made in this country is down south, so it makes sense that that's where most investment goes.

The north east contributes practically fuck all to the countries finances.

Think about a business, you're going to invest your money where you'll get the most return. The country is a business, and in business there's no room for clingons like the north east.

Silly me, i could have sworn the railways were sold off years ago to the private sector. How about they use there profits instead of public money that could be better spent elsewhere.

What do you expect, most of the money made in this country is down south, so it makes sense that that's where most investment goes.

The north east contributes practically fuck all to the countries finances.

Think about a business, you're going to invest your money where you'll get the most return. The country is a business, and in business there's no room for clingons like the north east.

So why not improve the infrastructure up here then?
Smacks of "i'm alright Jack!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back