£9.4 billion

Status
Not open for further replies.
No it's not Mr Bad Jumpers ;)

There are plenty of shite things down south that have continually received investment - investment that could have went on helping kick start other parts of the country.

Yes, there have been bad decisions.

I'm being balanced, I'm not denigrating the North East or other parts of the country ... quite the opposite in fact, but it's obvious that the investment is still required to maintain and improve the most populous and transport dependent South (London) as well as other regions.

How am I getting deeper and deeper?

The fact is, the further north you get the less it contributes towards the countries GDP. The north east make the lowest contribution out of the different regions of the country, that's absolute f***ing fact and I reckon one of the reasons why the government don't bother with us so much.

And people like you who think it is ok.
You often brag of wealth on here, and here you are now saying " fuck everyone else, am alright"

No, because more people benefit from the investment further down the country as it's more densely populated.

I know someone that has an office in Hartlepool, he's moving to a new office in Durham because it'll probably get him more business. It sounds better and it's within easier reach of more people.

If you were a business, would you rather setup in Sunderland, miles away from anyone else, where nee fucker has any money and where you'll probably have to charge less for your services. Or, would you move to somewhere like Manchester, where you're within close reach of a fair few other majors cities, can probably charge more and have a much wider catchment area.

Nissan have no problem operating from the north east. Any company that wants to make stuff needs a workforce first and foremost and there's no shortage around here.

The signal the government is sending out by giving us a pittance from this budget is that we're of no importance in the grand scheme of things. But we'll still be paying as much as anyone else so that Birmingham can do more business with London, though our taxes and increased rail fares.

Yes, there have been bad decisions.

I'm being balanced, I'm not denigrating the North East or other parts of the country ... quite the opposite in fact, but it's obvious that the investment is still required to maintain and improve the most populous and transport dependent South (London) as well as other regions.

I know YOU are ;)

And people like you who think it is ok.
You often brag of wealth on here, and here you are now saying " fuck everyone else, am alright"

Where did I say I thought it was ok?

I said, I understand why the government choose to invest more money in other parts of the country.

Nissan have no problem operating from the north east. Any company that wants to make stuff needs a workforce first and foremost and there's no shortage around here.

The signal the government is sending out by giving us a pittance from this budget is that we're of no importance in the grand scheme of things. But we'll still be paying as much as anyone else so that Birmingham can do more business with London, though our taxes and increased rail fares.

Nissan probably benefit from cheaper labour costs than if they were based in another part of the country. How much over the years have they had from the government to stay in the north east?

Where did I say I thought it was ok?

I said, I understand why the government choose to invest more money in other parts of the country.

Nissan probably benefit from cheaper labour costs than if they were based in another part of the country. How much over the years have they had from the government to stay in the north east?

So you don't like it then?

So you don't like it then?

I would prefer more investment in the north east, but I understand that the amount of investment needed to get the GDP of the north east up inline with others would be absolutely massive, and it would take years upon years for us to really see any benefit.

I would prefer more investment in the north east, but I understand that the amount of investment needed to get the GDP of the north east up inline with others would be absolutely massive, and it would take years upon years for us to really see any benefit.

Lets not bother then eh?

So basically invest and they will come, don't invest and they won't?

See the logic there?

That was more or less my point though.

Is the return on the money invested into these business worth it though?

Lets not bother then eh?

But you're not getting it. The government is investing in the north east, just not as much as other areas of the country.

You're talking as if the north east doesn't get ANY investment at all and is being left to rot.

But you're not getting it. The government is investing in the north east, just not as much as other areas of the country.

You're talking as if the north east doesn't get ANY investment at all and is being left to rot.

Ok, that is fantastic then. The gap exists, it is ok to widen it.

Ok, that is fantastic then. The gap exists, it is ok to widen it.

Look, you seem to obviously know how the run the country much better than anyone in government, so why don't you hope on a train and get yourself sat down with Mr Cameron and tell him how it should be done.

f***ing hell man :lol::lol:

Let's just give up and not invest.

Again, they are investing though. The point I was making was that some winging arse on here was complaining how it's unfair the south see more investment than us. All I was saying is that there's a reason.

Look, you seem to obviously know how the run the country much better than anyone in government, so why don't you hope on a train and get yourself sat down with Mr Cameron and tell him how it should be done.

No, I don't know how to run the country but you don't need to be a carpenter to criticise a table.

Christ, why not ask the thousands of people in work and paying tax.

Again, they are investing though. The point I was making was that some winging arse on here was complaining how it's unfair the south see more investment than us. All I was saying is that there's a reason.

We all know the reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back